Interviewing My Sabba by Dafna Perlstein - Illustrated by Dafna Perlstein - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Interviewing My Sabba

by

Artwork: Dafna Perlstein

  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 11

I didn’t get to know my grandfather Sabba Itzhak because he passed away in 1981 when he was 67 years old.

 

Itzhak Perlstein was a very famous architect in Israel specially in the field of city planning, and he was my fathers best friend.

2

I found about him some info in the internet:

 

Born in Tel Aviv to Fessia and Yaakov Perlstein, who were among the city’s founders, he studied architecture and urban planning at the University of London, where he received a degree in 1937.

 

Upon his return to Israel in 1939, he began planning mainly in the field of urban construction, first within the governmental framework of the British mandate and later in an independent capacity.

 

 

 

3
Interviewing My Sabba by Dafna Perlstein - Illustrated by Dafna Perlstein - Ourboox.com

In 1958, he won the Pharmacist Award along with Robert Bennett and Mordechai Ludwig Shore. In 1961, he won the Kaplan Award for Efficiency, having been the first to use a prefabricated construction method in Israel – a method that quickly became widespread and accepted.

 

In 1965, he served on the jury for a competition to plan the center of Ashdod.

 

In the 1940s, he married Irene, who was born in Great Britain. His sister Rivka was married to the entrepreneur and businessman Mordechai Meir, one of the founders of Migdal Shalom Meir in Tel Aviv and Kiryat Wolfson in Jerusalem, of which Peralshtin was one of the designers.

5

Even ChatGPT! even thought he have mostly mistakes

6
Interviewing My Sabba by Dafna Perlstein - Illustrated by Dafna Perlstein - Ourboox.com

He was very passionate about his job, and a very familiar person.

 

I would like to interview him very much, some questions about his job and career, some questions about living in Israel in Israel firsts year, about the letter I read he had with his father, his professor Abercrombie  and some questions about family and the connection he had with my אבא.

8
Interviewing My Sabba by Dafna Perlstein - Illustrated by Dafna Perlstein - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content