Joe Dassin by alexey rudnitsky - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Joe Dassin

  • Joined Jan 2020
  • Published Books 1

Joseph Ira Dassin (5 November 1938 – 20 August 1980) was an American-born French singer-songwriter. Dassin made a name for himself in the genre of Chanson.

 

Dassin was born in New York City to American film director Jules Dassin and Béatrice Launer, a New York-born violinist. Both of Jewish descent.

2

He began his childhood first in New York City and Los Angeles. However, after his father fell victim to the Hollywood blacklist in 1950, he and his family moved from place to place across Europe.

 

After studying in Switzerland, Dassin moved back to the United States, where he attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor from 1957 to 1963 earning a Bachelor of Arts in 1961 and a Master of Arts in 1963, both in Anthropology.

 

After Graduating Dassin moved to France where he worked as a technician for his father and appeared as an actor in supporting roles. At the same time Dassin starts writing his first songs which gets him a contract with CBS Records, making him the first French singer to be signed with an American record label.

3

4

5

By the early 1970s, Dassin’s songs were at the top of the charts in France. Amongst his most popular songs are “Les Champs-Élysées”, “Salut les amoureux”, “L’Été indien”, and “Et si tu n’existais pas”.

6

7

8

9

10

Dassin also wrote amazing songs in English such as: “Sometime Lovin'”, “Paper Heart” and “My Funny Valentine”.

11

12

13

14

As for my favourite songs of Joe Dassin I would pick: “Guantanamera” and “La petit pain au chocolat”.

15

16

17
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content