Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Leaving?!

by

Artwork: Abigail Araujo

  • Joined Nov 2016
  • Published Books 37
2
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

Emma was climbing in her bed.  

She thought to herself ahh I actually feel relaxed.  All that stress from school finally GONE.

Emma had the last day of esbac at school.  She was lying in her bed drawing. Drawing a picture of her brother Nathan fighting in the army. Yes Nathan was in the army. Nathan had blond hair blue eyes his hair flopped to one side his favorite color is red.  Nathan is 19 and tomorrow was his birthday. But sadly after a week her happiness would be gone. GONE. Nathan was a brother and a friend. He was so special to her he was like gold. When Emma started to draw again she took a long look at her alarm clock. Uhhhhhhh. 9:00?! Already! Time for bed.emma started to doze off but she heard someone sneak in her room. she heard

4
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

someone say where is it? Where is it? It was Nathan.

Nathan whispered did she draw me anything for tomorrow? Emma almost chuckled but she caught herself. She thought to herself HAHA!!!! I hid those in my secret spot. She memorized where she put them in the back of my math book. She kept repeating where she hid them. In my math book. In my math book. In my math book. Emma opened 1 eye. Then suddenly yelled a quiet yell not to wake up mom or dad. WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!

6

Ahh uhh.. gahh well uhhhh… just looking at your writing from school. Nathan said trying to be casual. Wow good umm… story.

Yeah said Emma looking at my writing at 9:30 in the night when I’m going to bed?

By! nathan said. And zipped out of the room faster than a cheetah. What a good life. Emma said to herself. And quietly went to bed.

7
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

When emma woke up she went downstairs to a table full of prodigious pancakes with whipped cream on then that spelled out HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!! Emma was not surprised. Morning mom, morning dad.Emma said.

How was your sleep honey?

Well… it felt like somebody snuck in while I was sleeping.

Emma gave nathan a big long glare.

LETS EAT!!Nathan said immediately.

9
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

It was the night before Nathan left for army. Emma was doing extra math on her Chromebook. She was thinking of the teachers pet Anna doing her homework and how much better Anna would be at homework than her. Emma’s palms were sweaty. All of her thought bounced into each other like an earthquake making her want to shiver. Her thoughts are negative ones like will he die? I will miss him. What if he gets called back for 3 years while he is about to come home. Then… sniff Emma started to cry. And cry. And cry. Cry until there were no more tears left inside of her.

Nathan walked in. Emma what… why are are you crying?Asked Nathan.

11
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

Anna doing her homework

13

I will miss you Nathan. Emma said barley in English from the crying.  

But I came in for good news Nathan said. I’m only fighting for a month.

Good Emma said somewhat crying.  I can’t go back to 5 years ago when you had to fight for 4 years.

Yeah that was crazy. Nathan said. Nathan walked out of the room slowly keeping an eye on Emma.

Emma repeated to herself just a month just a month just a month.It made her feel better.

Meanwhile Nathan was getting packed he started to do a light drizzle of tears. It was 2:00 in the afternoon Nathan left at 2:30.

14
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

Emma woke up at 11 o’clock in the morning. The only thing to keep Nathan of of her mind was TV. Emma did not even want to see her brother.

Then all of a sudden Emma come down here. It was mom.

Want to cook chocolate chip kiss cookies?

Sure. Emma replied. Emma got on her apron.

1 cup of flour! 2 cups of milk! Emma ran across the room like a really confused rat.

16
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

Finally done. Next to Emma there were 20 prodigious cookies  in a big serving plate.

We will send ten to Nathan and the other ten will stay with us. Mom said.Nathan had left an hour ago.

Over the couple days Emma got really good at cooking. At school Emma’s mom posted a video of her cooking.

When Emma walked in the school all she heard was people shouting nerd! She is so stupid! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! She was walking to her locker looking at the people who insulted her.

HEY STOP!!!! She heard all of a sudden.

It was Alex and Hayden. Why should we listen to you exactly.

18
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

Yeah you guys are just babies. All of a sudden SMASH she ran into mark. Are you the cook he said not seeming to mind the crowd. Uh-huh Emma said. I think it’s kind of cool how you can cook that well. Friends asked mark. Friends relied Emma

Now where is Alex and Hayden.

Hey Emma. Alex said.

Hey Emma. Hayden said.

20
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

Never mind mark said. They walked of to history class.

For a month things went the same. Meet Emma at her doorstep. Play. they were a fearsome foursome.

Until the day before Nathan came home. Hayden and Alex and Mark where over at Emma`s house longer than usual. They were even there at 8:00 in the night!They decided to sleepover. Even mark slept over! They all loved to draw!Emma Hayden Alex and Mark. So they drew till twelve. Mom did not even bother to tell them to go to bed. She knew they were excited and happy.

Finally they fell asleep drawing. There drawing notebooks were upside down. Emma drew a big cupcake to fill up the page. Mark drew a race car crossing a finish line. Hayden drew a rock n roll concert. Alex drew nathan coming home. Still sound asleep mom came in. Finally she said.

22
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

Eventually it was morning. All the kids were up at six o’clock sharp. Nathan is supposed to come home at eight. We have 2 hours to do it team. GO! Hayden and Emma went to party city with her mom. Mark and Alex cooked with her dad. Cake, cookies ,soup, burgers. And while Alex was setting the table with mark dad was calling every person in their family to come asap. Grandma uncle aunt grandma cousins. Every body. Hayden and Emma just got home. Emma looked at her watch 1 hour she screamed like a soldier about to start war. Flags, drawings, welcome back Nathan sign.

Red car Emma yelled. Meaning to look out for a red car. It was 5 minutes before Nathan would get home and they were just putting up the flags.

24
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com

Then vrrrrrrr. Nathan! Mom,dad, Emma, Mark, Hayden, Alex, grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, and their cousins yelled. It was a red Mercedes. everyone was there. Nathan got home with ash on his face and his army uniform on. Nathan yelled LETS PARTY! He did not care if he had ash on his face or his army uniform on. He was just happy  to be home.                   

      

 

26
Leaving?! by David Pechie - Illustrated by Abigail Araujo - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content