Leg training for men: the 7 best complexes for powerful quads, glutes and thighs

by Alex Norton

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Leg training for men: the 7 best complexes for powerful quads, glutes and thighs

  • Joined Dec 2021
  • Published Books 1

To begin with, you need to understand that what suits your friend will not necessarily suit you, so ideally you should choose a workout program that will fully meet your goals. “Leg day” is a phrase often used among athletes, which, first of all, evokes associations with nausea, “jelly” legs, painful waddling instead of a confident gait, and a host of other unpleasant contributing factors. Feeling after an intense leg workout can be universal for everyone, while a set of exercises in floor exercise can be selected for a single bodybuilder, taking into account his or her physiological characteristics and preferences. While most leg muscle-building sets start with squats, the other components of the workout can vary depending on which muscle group you want to pay the most attention to.
Each of the seven walkouts listed below has a different focus. Choose the one that best suits your needs and follow it for 4-8 weeks before moving on to another highly specialized set. Or you can base your workouts on the first option, which is designed to increase overall leg mass and develop all the muscles at once.
Do not forget that we directly provide a set of exercises, and the intensity of their performance you already determine yourself so as to withstand a full-fledged high-octane workout and the accompanying pain. Take into account such moments and compose your walkout so that it is most effective for your muscles.

GOAL 1. INCREASE OVERALL LEG MASS

Gaining mass involves following a few important rules, namely: start a walkout with the most difficult exercises and heavy weights, make the workout volume (total number of sets and reps) as high as possible, and the exercise itself should continue until the muscles are completely exhausted.
Changing the foot placement during the leg press will allow you to change the load on different muscle groups: by raising the legs higher, you will shift the emphasis from the quadriceps to the rear surface of the thighs and buttocks, because the amplitude of leg flexion and extension will be higher. In addition, remember – do not reduce the angle of bending of the knees, it should not be less than 90 degrees, because otherwise you will limit the participation of the glutes and hips in the exercise. If you are not engaged in the system of previous fatigue, single-joint exercises should be postponed closer to the end of the workout.
Leg workout for men – 7 best complexes for powerful quads, glutes and thighs-1
The workout is built on the principle of a reverse pyramid, which allows you to do a greater number of approaches to failure. With each repetition, you need to decrease the weight you are working with. As mentioned, this type of walkout engages 4 muscle groups – quads, glutes, rear thighs, and shins. To shorten your workout, you can eliminate exercises for your thigh biceps or shins by moving them to another workout day.

NOTES
There is no limit to the number of warm-up sets, but you don’t have to do them until muscle failure. Choose a weight that allows you to perform the intended number of reps. It is also a good idea to do some forced reps in the last two sets of the most difficult exercises, but only if you have someone to back you up.

SET OF EXERCISES
1. Barbell squats: 4 sets of 6-8, 6-8, 8-10, 8-10 reps. Reduce the weight after your first 2 sets.
2. Leg press: 4 sets of 8-10, 8-10, 10-12, 10-12 reps. Alternate the 2 leg positions.
3. Walking lunges with dumbbells: 3 approaches of 10, 12, 14 steps per leg.
4. Leg curls: 3 sets of 10 reps. Don’t forget to do one drop set in each approach.
5. Romanian pull: 3 sets of 8, 10, 12 reps.
6. Leg curls: 3 sets of 8, 10, 12 reps.
7. Standing deadlifts: 4 sets of 12, 12, 20, 20 repetitions.

OBJECTIVE 2. INCREASE MUSCLE DEFINITION

Many people believe that doing more reps with lighter weights is enough to improve muscle definition and burn extra subcutaneous fat. However, this is not entirely true. In order to maintain a high metabolism in the body, you need some kind of stimulus, which will contribute to the recruitment and retention of muscle mass.
Leg training for men – 7 best complexes for powerful quads, glutes and thighs-2
That’s why most of the elements in this walkout are performed in a superset system with multi-joint exercises, while keeping the rest time between approaches as short as possible.

NOTES
As in the previous complex, the number of warm-up sets is unlimited, but you don’t have to do them until muscle failure. Choose the weight that allows you to perform the required number of repetitions. The first exercise is performed with heavier weights, which is key for preserving muscle tissue and maintaining a high metabolism for the duration of the diet. Aim for the shortest possible breaks between approaches, as this style combines both elements of cardio training and the principles of gaining muscle mass.

SET OF EXERCISES

1. Smith squat (superset): 4 sets of 8-10 repetitions.
2. Leg press: 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions without rest. Squat with weights (goblet): 3 sets of 10-12 reps, rest only as needed (superset).
Reverse lunges on Smith: 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions for each leg without rest. Leg curls: 3 sets of 12-15 reps, rest as needed (superset).
4. 4. Leg curls: 4 sets of 10-12 reps without rest. Donkey” exercise, or donkey raises (by the way, one of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s favorite exercises): 4 sets of 12-15 reps, rest as needed (superset).

GOAL 3. POWERFUL START

It takes a long time to learn the correct squatting technique, so we advise you to start with the simpler squats with weights. The essence of this exercise is to master the basic principles and movements, gradually increasing the weight of the load and moving on to more complex types of squats.
Leg training for men – 7 best complexes for powerful quads, glutes and thighs-3
This will help you make the transition to significant weights more manageable and less stressful for your body. Once your coordination improves and your muscles get stronger, start increasing your loads.

NOTES
The number of warm-up sets is up to you, but don’t perform them until your muscles give out. The heavier the load, the harder it is to stick to proper technique during the workout, so you must first learn how to perform all the exercises technically. Start a walkout with complex multi-joint exercises. Since they involve different muscle groups at the same time, you will need more rest between approaches.

SET OF EXERCISES

1. Kettlebell squat: 4 sets of 10-12 repetitions, rest for 90 seconds.
2. Leg press: 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions, rest for 90 seconds.
3. Leg curls: 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions, rest for 60 seconds.
4. Leg curls in sitting: 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions, 60 seconds rest.
5. Standing toe up: 3 sets of 15 reps, 60-second rest.

OBJECTIVE 4. FOCUS ON QUADRICEPS.

Since multi-joint exercises fully engage your legs, it is impossible to absolutely isolate one muscle group from the others. However, it is always possible to emphasize some area more than others. In this case, you need to maximize the range of motion of the knee joint and limit the movement of the hip joint. One way to do this is to change the position of the legs in the machines.
Leg training for men – 7 best complexes for powerful quads, glutes and thighs-4
So front squats will engage your quads more than barbell squats by shifting your center of gravity forward. Partial squats are also a good idea, performing which you can use 30% more weights than usual. This workout is built on the reverse pyramid principle, which allows you to do more sets before muscle failure.
Note that this walkout targets the quads and glutes. You can add exercises for the posterior thighs and calf muscles if you wish.

NOTES
There is no limit to the number of warm-up sets, but you don’t need to do them to muscle failure. Choose a weight that allows you to perform the intended number of reps. The principle of inverse pyramid means that after the first two sets you decrease weight, but increase the number of reps in each set. With your insurance you can do some forced reps on the last two sets of each exercise.

SET OF EXERCISES

1. Front squats: 4 sets of 6-8, 6-8, 8-10, 12 reps. Reduce the weight after your first 2 sets.
2. Gakk squats: 3 sets of 8, 10, 12 reps. Keep your feet low and shoulder-width apart on the platform.
3. Gakk squats: 3 sets of 6 partial reps. You should only lower halfway down – no need to squat deep.
4. Leg press: 3 sets of 8, 10, 12 reps. Keep your feet low on the platform.
5. Leg extensions: 3 sets of 10, 10, 12 reps. The last two approaches are as drop sets.

OBJECTIVE 5. EMPHASIS ON THE GLUTES.
While in the previous walkout, which emphasized the quadriceps, we tried to minimize a variety of leg bends and extensions, in this complex we need to emphasize such exercises.
Leg training for men – 7 best complexes for powerful quadriceps, glutes and thighs-5
Therefore, it is necessary to choose such exercises and leg positions that will maximize the range of motion of the gluteal muscles.

NOTES
The number of warm-up sets is unlimited, but by no means perform them to muscle failure. Choose weights that allow you to perform the maximum number of repetitions. The principle of inverse pyramid means that after the first two sets you have to reduce weight, but, at the same time, increase the number of reps in each set. Do some forced reps on the last two reps of each exercise if you have insurance.

SET OF EXERCISES

1. Sumo squats (wide stance): 4 sets of 6-8, 6-8, 8-10, 12 reps. Reduce the weight after your first 2 reps.
2. Leg press: 3 sets of 8, 10, 12 reps. Keep your legs high on the platform.
3. Reverse lunges on Smith machine: 3 sets of 10-12 reps per leg without rest.
4. Batt Blaster trainer: 3 sets of 8, 10, 12 reps.
5. Romanian pull: 4 sets of 8, 8, 12, 12 reps.

OBJECTIVE 6. EMPHASIS ON THE MUSCLES OF THE POSTERIOR SURFACE OF THE THIGH

Developing these muscles should not be an afterthought for you, and not just from an aesthetic standpoint – as we know, the muscles of the posterior surface of the thigh maintain the integrity of the knee joint. Most bodybuilders are familiar with a number of leg flexion exercises that can be performed standing, sitting or resting one knee on a bench. Don’t forget to work the muscles on the hip joint side as well, that is, with the Romanian pull. This exercise strengthens the upper muscles of the posterior surface of the thigh. While doing the Romanian pull, keep your back straight and don’t let it round out – this is extremely important for safe technique. Deep squats will also be helpful, and remember – the slower you perform them, the better.
Leg training for men – 7 best complexes for powerful quads, glutes and thighs-6
If you decide to separate your quadriceps and rear thigh exercises and do them on different days, make sure that the interval between the two workouts is at least 48 hours. This is the only way to ensure full muscle recovery. Alternatively, you can combine this walkout with a complex for the quadriceps or glutes.
This workout is built on the principle of a reverse pyramid, that is, you should do a larger number of approaches, gradually reducing the weight.

NOTES
The number of warm-up sets is at your discretion, but do not perform them until the muscle fails. After the first two sets, reduce the weight but increase the number of repetitions in each set. Do not postpone the most difficult exercises to the end of the walk, do them in the beginning. Alternate different types of leg bends for greater effect.

SET OF EXERCISES

1. Romanian thrust in Smith machine (with barbell): 4 approaches of 6-8, 6-8, 8-10, 12 reps. Reduce the weight after your first 2 sets.
2. One-leg standing bends: 3 sets of 8, 10, 12 reps.
3. Standing kneeling body lift: 3 approaches to failure.

OBJECTIVE 7. PRELIMINARY LEG FATIGUE
This walkout should start with single-joint exercises that stress the quadriceps. By the time you start doing multi-joint exercises, your quadriceps will already be fatigued and your posterior thigh muscles and glutes will just begin to develop.
Leg training for men – 7 best complexes for powerful quads, glutes and thighs-7
In this set, it’s important to do the maximum number of reps with moderate weights – that way your knee joints won’t be prone to injury.

NOTES
The number of warm-up sets is unlimited, but you don’t have to do them to muscle failure. Choose a weight that allows you to perform the required number of repetitions.

SET OF EXERCISES

1. Leg curls: 5 sets of 8-10 reps.
2. Smith squat: 4 sets of 8-10, 8-10, 10-12, 12 repetitions. Reduce the weight after your first 2 sets.
3. Gakk squats: 3 sets of 10 reps.
4. Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 12 reps per leg.

More information about sports nutrition supplements on the site pharmax-anabolika.com

Links:

https://www.petslambook.com/read-blog/21529_steroids-for-dogs.html
https://publications.newberry.org/scalar/doping-for-running-and-its-types/index
https://www.paperpage.in/read-blog/40527
https://printable-calendar.mn.co/posts/19498500
https://positivelovelife.com/blogs/45107/Nutrition-products-for-gaining-mass

 

 

 

2
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content