LET’S TALK EYE TO EYE -2 / Shuli Sapir -Nevo by קריירה שוברת שוויון שולי ספיר-נבו - Tie Breaker Shuli Sapir-Nevo - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

LET’S TALK EYE TO EYE -2 / Shuli Sapir -Nevo

  • Joined Oct 2019
  • Published Books 19
LET’S TALK EYE TO EYE
This Unbearable Lightness of the technology, in which you so easily type in the keyboard, press ENTER and your email is already addressed to a List of people, with the good or the bad that it contains.                                                           This could very easily lead someone to his or her downfall.                            Like many other things in life, the key word is balance. But here the “Genie” (the demon) of the technology came out of the bottle, enchanting almost everyone until he bowed their heads and became a revered tyrant dictating how life should look like. The Golem has risen against its maker.
And why did I open this article like this?
2
Because,
We learned to hide the anger in our eyes and to express it in written, in harsh or hinted words.                                            We learned to pour everything without a thought, or control, along so many mails.                                              We lost the interpersonal relationship.We drifted apart.             We lost the true value of the precious words.                           We forgot how to talk and to solve problems face-to-face.         We learned to shut down ourselves and to hide behind the cold screen of the computer.                                                           We sharpened the keyboard and went into battle.
3
Throughout my many years as a manager and independent consultant at large companies and enterprises, I witnessed the technological upheaval that has taken tremendous momentum and changed our way of life at work from end-to-end. Managers have often shown me difficult correspondences in countless emails. These digital missives lead to misunderstanding and arguments over a long period of time involving additional managers.                                                          That is right, it is always much easier to click enter, send a WhatsApp to a colleague in your workplace.
4
But Pay Attention!
You feel that there is unnecessary tension with one of your employees, a conversation is always preferable. Something doesn’t go right in the project? Instead of sending many mails, you better do a meeting. This way the knowledge is flowing, people are talking, fixing processes.                                               The computer knows how to correct spelling errors, not the actual work, not the personal misunderstandings or even reaching the goals.                                       Solving problems is done at the level of the ears, the eyes and the spoken word. Especially problems that grew beyond their size and swell because of the interpersonal misunderstandings.
5

On one of my trips to my favorite island, Rhodes, we drove along the island. On the way, we stopped at a small cafe house in front of the beach . At the entrance to the cafe there was a big sign with this note:

6

“We don’t have wifi!

Eat drink and

Talk to each other

Malakes”

(Idiots ).

7
In conclusion
A healthy soul in a healthy body, is a soul that has the freedom of expression and isn’t a prisoner of the sophisticated technological tools. There is a need to keep the balance. Too much wisdom sometimes comes at the expense of too less soul.  The advanced technologies are wonderful tools, but they are not a substitute for personal conversation.                                                                                Stop the digital express train for a moment. Get off at the nearest station, sit down with yourself and think about who you could sit with and meet for a conversation instead of answering nervously to his “annoying” email.
8

Remember,

There is no substitute for a smile, a handshake,               

a one-to-one conversation,

listening and respectful responding.

 

This is our personal and human ABC language.

9

Shuli Sapir-Nevo

Tiebreaker Career

Consulting and Career Development

[email protected]

10
I ran a human resources consulting firm for Career Development.
*I had my own consulting firm for strategic planning of senior personnel in big industrial organizations, starts up and others.
*I worked for “Israel Chemicals Ltd.” in advancement, training and management of senior staff.
*I was a Major in the IDF and I served in following a number of positions in the Manpower Planning Division.
I worked for over 30 years in human resource consulting and developing the potential of the managers.
11
Among my specialties are:
*Find the next career role, mapping strengths and weaknesses and preparing for the next step.                                                                                        *Solving crises in the workplace and between colleagues.                        *Assisting managers in managing employees, motivating in the workplace.            *Development of teamwork and changes in team structure.                            *Build a career path for employees and managers .                                 *Personal work with clients to prepare for job interviews, mapping the political field in the workplace, prominence in the workplace and personal development.
12

Special thanks to Natalie Amit, my marketing consultant for professionalism, initiative, motivation and uncompromising performance.

13

You are welcome to read more of my books:

  • Motherhood and Career/ Shuli Sapir-Nevo

https://www.ourboox.com/books/motherhood-and-career/

14
LET’S TALK EYE TO EYE -2 / Shuli Sapir -Nevo by קריירה שוברת שוויון שולי ספיר-נבו - Tie Breaker Shuli Sapir-Nevo - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content