Motherhood and Career-1/ Shuli Sapir-Nevo by קריירה שוברת שוויון שולי ספיר-נבו - Tie Breaker Shuli Sapir-Nevo - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Motherhood and Career-1/ Shuli Sapir-Nevo

  • Joined Oct 2019
  • Published Books 19

Motherhood and Career/

Shuli Sapir-Nevo

Not simple!

I know this from my experience as a mom and as a manager.

But the challenge and the results are well worth the effort and require creative thinking and proper arrangements.

2

The two most difficult dilemmas / questions facing a woman who wants to be an amazing mother and at the same time a successful career woman.

  • Is it possible to plan that these two goals will not conflict with each other?

  • Can these two tasks be performed simultaneously without interfering with one another and yet oriented to excellence?

3

In my own experience, I realized that the two could never be combined. One will almost always come at the account of the other. Work, or family on and off.

In spite of my repeated efforts to plan that there would be no conflicts between my career advancement and my family’s construction, I did not succeed, and the clashes were repeated in two of my careers.

4

During my military career, I was told that I am to be promoted to the position and rank of lieutenant colonel. This is something I have longed for and worked hard to achieve.

And yet here’s another wonderful excitement – I’m pregnant and in a few months I’ll be a mom! Suddenly, a little baby in my arms .A new responsibility that I am not used to.

I made two decisions, to leave my military career now and to become a mother full time. To give up the rank of lieutenant colonel – for another dream that I also longed for – motherhood.

5

During my second career, I worked as an assistant to human resources manager at the big conglomerate , “Israel Chemicals”                                                 After years of hard work, I am starting to build a new position – Senior staff Manager

A few words about the Conglomerate. It is not easy to persuade, to make changes in big companies. Many months of frustration and almost despair past by . CEOs and Senior mangers Exchanges. When the light finally turns to green, I am told by my husband, a professor of microbiology, that we need to go for a sabbatical year in Canada and that this is a necessary chapter in his career.

6

Again I find myself at the point where I am about to reap the fruits of the great labor I have invested and here i must leave everything and go.

Suddenly, I realize that it is almost never the right time, for many women, to combine family and career, at the significant junctures of their promotion (and many times this is the choice of many of us ).

Almost always the family will come at the account of the career and in the dally routine the career at the account of the family.

7

I saw as well many senior women who faced similar dilemmas, but their preferences were different, according to their judgment and the considerations that motivated them. I heard them and realized that every mother and woman chooses the right path for her. After all, there is no such a thing as who is right and who is not. Everyone priorizes according to their own views. Everyone has their own formula, and if you don’t have one, you have to work to find it.              Like any mother who is either a manager or a senior employee, Very quickly I realized the need for external assistance ,so that will allow me to handle better these two tasks.

8

My first decision was to “buy time”. I hired a woman that would be in charge of all the housekeeping every day. That would help me and allowed me quality time with the children. I call it “make it count”, Which means that the little time that I spend with my kids will be completely devoted to them. No screens, no phones. Time spent only with them. Sometimes it makes all the difference.Over time, I found more solutions until I found my formulate – the formula that allowed me to be both a mother and also a career woman in search of excellence in both.            Of course every woman has to find the way and solutions that are right for her.

9

When my children grew up and developed their own fulfilling careers, I talked to them and learned that being a self-fulfilling mother may be preferable to a mother who sacrifices herself.

When your child (and especially your daughter ) sees his or her mother happy at work, fulfilling her potential, having self-confidence, satisfaction and independence.

10

they also becomes ambitious and want to fulfill their dreams . The kids grow up less dependent and able to cope well with everyday problems. The relationship with the parents and especially with the mother are good. He/ she respects and appreciates his/her mother more and most importantly he/she also grows with lots of love, quality time with his mother and has a good model to emulate.

Remember that a happy mother is a good mother too!

Take your time to think and to find out which formula is the right one for you,to fulfill your unique goals.

11

Shuli Sapir-Nevo

Tiebreaker Career

Consulting and Career Development

[email protected]

12

I ran a human resources consulting firm for Career Development.

*I had my own consulting firm for strategic planning of senior personnel in big industrial organizations, starts up and others.

*I worked for “Israel Chemicals Ltd.” in advancement, training and management of senior staff.

*I was a Major in the IDF and I served in following a number of positions in the Manpower Planning Division.

I worked for over 30 years in human resource consulting and developing the potential of the managers.

13

Among my specialties are:

*Find the next career role, mapping strengths and weaknesses and preparing for the next step.                                                                                        *Solving crises in the workplace and between colleagues.                              *Assisting managers in managing employees, motivating in the workplace and improving performance.                                                                          *Development of teamwork and changes in team structure.                           *Build a career path for employees and managers .                               *Personal work with clients to prepare for job interviews, mapping the political field in the workplace, prominence in the workplace and personal development.

14

 

Special thanks to Natalie Amit, my marketing consultant for professionalism, initiative, motivation and uncompromising performance.

15
Motherhood and Career-1/ Shuli Sapir-Nevo by קריירה שוברת שוויון שולי ספיר-נבו - Tie Breaker Shuli Sapir-Nevo - Ourboox.com
would you like to read more of my books ,
LET’S TALK EYE TO EYE
https://www.ourboox.com/books/lets-talk-eye-to-eye-shuli-sapir-nevo/
17
Motherhood and Career-1/ Shuli Sapir-Nevo by קריירה שוברת שוויון שולי ספיר-נבו - Tie Breaker Shuli Sapir-Nevo - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content