Long ride by Alaa Abomokh - Illustrated by Farah&Mayar&Tamarah&Sima - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Long ride

by

Artwork: Farah&Mayar&Tamarah&Sima

  • Joined May 2021
  • Published Books 4

 

Newspaper “article”: -flashback-

In 5.5 2005 terrible accident happened in California,

4 members in that accident died, they were family (2 parents and 2 kids).

The victims:

John (45)

Maria (39)

Tomas (10)

Peter (5)

2

As you all have read in that article up there, there were 4 family members who were killed in the accident and not the whole family. Therefore, the only survivor was the eldest son of the family (Marcus). Marcus was always that genius, lonely quiet kid that would rather stay in the library than see his family or his friends. While Marcus was working on his project he heard the horrible news on the TV reporting that his family is gone.

he was surprised, he thought they will go to another state to see his grandpa and then they would come back alive quickly, but I guess not everything goes as we wish, does it?

4

The funeral day:

6.5.2005 was the funeral day when Marcus saw the dearest people to his heart getting buried in the ground. At the end of the day, he went home because he had to pack his stuff to go to his university in New York, it’s his first year. so he left his home and the state and moved on in his life and he did what his parents would want him to do if they were alive.

After 10 years he becomes 28 years old and he graduates from the university in New York and becomes a scientist. He starts to make his own inventions therefore he took an award, in fact, a lot of awards. So, one day he decided to go to California to see his home and check out how is the situation in his town.

5

 

When he went to his home he saw a hammock chair moving and the mirror that his mom used to brush her hair in front of it, is broken, the toys that belong to his siblings are making noises and the TV is playing the news reporter for the accident that happened for his family. After he saw that view he got scared but in the same time an idea crossed his mind, so he decided to see things from another angle. So he used his secret project, the project that he has been working on for the past 10 years, a time machine.

6

Yes, I know this might be surprising but he was able to do it he created a time machine!!!

At first, he wasn’t sure that it would work but it did!!

He was so scared that he would be stuck in a certain time with no clue on the way to go back,

But he had that courage and had to do what he needed really to do.

7

 

Finally, he arrived in one piece there. When he got down from the time machine he saw his house, his neighborhood and at that specific time his tears filled his eyes with joy. and after that, he went to the place that the accident happened, he saw how the accident happened, it was in purpose, the man who hit the car meant it, so Marcus was so surprised because back then when they brought the man to investigate with him in the police station he told them that he did not mean it and that he lost control on the wheel, and in some way, the court decided that he is innocent of all charges, after that big shock that he got he was so angry, I mean who would have expected that? so he went back to the time machine and got back to the same time he came from and went to the place that his family got buried in, he started to cry and say:

“ I will get revenge for you all”…

8

so, he looked for the man for days and months and he did not give up until he found him his name is “Max Trevor” he owns a car repair shop, and his criminal record is full but he always finds a way to escape from the charge.

Marcus got into the shop with a gun in his hand.

He goes straight to the man as holding the gun in front of his face and asks him:

  • Why would you do that!!??

9

Max raises his hands with the fear and astonishment look on his face and he says:

  • I don’t know what are you talking about

  • Marcus: you killed my whole family, why would you do that?

  • Max: don’t you know it’s all about the money your father owned me some.

  • Marcus: Tell me one reason why I should not kill you.

  • Max: well, I don’t have one, but is that really what your parents wanted you to do?

Marcus looked at him with his tears on his cheeks and then he lowers his hands slowly and tears.

10

 

 

Then he moves on with his life trying to forget and ignoring his sadness and anger.

 He meets a lovely woman he falls in love with her and has a child and lives a happy, wonderful life. At-End of the flashback-

“And that was the true story of your grandpa my son, this is our family history”…

 

11
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content