Max and Kit by Ekaterina Dubasova - Illustrated by Dubasova Ekaterina - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Max and Kit

by

Artwork: Dubasova Ekaterina

  • Joined Oct 2023
  • Published Books 1

There were two best friends in the Red Town, and everybody knows them. Their names were Max and Kit. Max was known for his talents in everything what is related to math or science. “If you want to find out the answer you should ask Max! He has a finger in every pie!” – granny Sindy said. It was the most famous phrase if we are talking about Max. “I bet he has his finger on the trigger! It’s time to start testing his invention!” – this is the second reason why Max is famous for.  He’s too smart, and everyone in the town uses his devices. He got his feet wet in mechanics from his father. This is the reason why he’s so good in this kind of stuff, I guess.

2

His best friend Kit. “He all fingers and thumbs! He has broken a cup and slipped on tea!” – this is what we can say about Kit. He is a very kind, friendly and helpful young man, but he has no fortune at all. Max always points the finger at unlucky Kit in case he would break something at his workshop again… But he helps with promotion of Max’s creations, because he has a great speaking skills! “I’m going to pull my finger out and sell all of your products today!” – Kit says after a few weeks of laziness.

3

How they became friends? You may ask. Well, long story short, they know each other since birth. Their parents were besties from school, so it is what we call destiny! And now, they complement each other very well. This what best friends made for!

4
5

Idioms with finger

 

 

  1. have a finger in every pie – To be active in many things
6

7

2. have finger on the trigger – used to say that someone is ready and prepared to do something

8

9

3. be all fingers and thumbs – to move your hands in an awkward way

10

11

4. point the finger at someone – to accuse someone of being responsible for something bad that has happened

12

 width=

13

5. to pull finger out – to start working hard, especially after a period of low activity

14

15

Questions

1. How old are Max and Kit?

2. What gaps Max and Kit fill in each other?

3. Why does Kit has no fortune?

16
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content