meaningful day by yehudit shimon - Illustrated by yehudit Shimon and Shira Shabbat. - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

meaningful day

by

Artwork: yehudit Shimon and Shira Shabbat.

  • Joined Dec 2022
  • Published Books 2
By: Yehudit Shimon.
We all experience good days full of meaning and days that, how can we say it, make you want to stay in bed the next day.
What makes a day meaningful? And how can we turn a day that feels wasted to us into a day with meaning?
Some people believe that what makes a day wasted significant is the amount of work you’ve done, how much money you’ve made, or how many clothes/jewelry you have been able to buy. They measure the meaning of today in egotistical things.
And at the end of the day, they don’t understand why even though their day was significant they aren’t happy and satisfied. Something is still missing to make them go to bed relaxed and pleased with the day that has passed.
הצג את תמונת המקור
2
I want to suggest a different way of looking at the question “What makes a day meaningful?”
Have you ever met a stranger on the street who smiled at you when you were sad and made you smile back? Or an old couple who waved at you and made your day happier?
I believe that what makes a day meaningful is your interaction with the surroundings and your observation of the need of others. But at the same time also your observation of your condition. How kind and considerate you were, And how much light and joy you put into the other person’s day. And as much as you were considerate of yourself. Have you finished things that were difficult for you and weighed heavily on your shoulders?
At the end of the day, did you go to bed brighter and more significant than how you got out of it in the morning?
הצג את תמונת המקורהצג את תמונת המקור
3

The poem “Count That Day Lost” by ‘George Eliot says that what brings meaning to a person’s life is the good he causes to other people and the smile he puts on their faces. He says that a person who does not do good to others during his day feels insignificant. I agree with the song and the message it conveys. Certainly, in our era with all the screens, people don’t look at their surroundings and the people next to them, so I think this message is essential and very just.

 

Link to the poem:

https://online.orot.ac.il/mod/url/view.php?id=85500

4

By: Shira shabbat

What is a meaningful day?

 

I think that a day with meaning is a day that starts with prayer, I can say that when I start my day with a prayer that thing changes me all day.
When I do a lot of chores and arrange my things.

At the end of the day, even though I’m tired, I’m very satisfied because I accomplished a lot of things that I had to do, I don’t miss the day, and I feel that I used the day as much as possible.

5

Of course, that meaningful day for me is a day when I go to work as a school teacher, and beyond teaching the children new material, I am there for them, to tell me and share their experiences and feelings with me, if they need help with something, this satisfies me and makes me feel meaningful for them.

And then after work when I get home I like to have some activity, it can be a Torah lesson or going out with friends, meeting with the family, or anything else but it’s very important to do something for my soul, to end the day with a smile.

 

תמונת שאילתת חיפוש חזותית

6

I agree with the idea of ​​the poem.

It is important to try and inspire others today to do things for others. The biggest feeling of fulfillment comes after doing good for others, that’s priceless.

A day wasted for me is when I go to sleep feeling like I didn’t do a lot of things and take advantage of every opportunity I had.

7
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content