Miles’ Molecule Journey

by Caleb Klinkenberg

Artwork: Google Image Creative Commons

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Miles’ Molecule Journey

by

Artwork: Google Image Creative Commons

  • Joined Sep 2021
  • Published Books 2

Miles was hanging around with his friends on a normal Thursday morning. He had so many friends because he moved around all the time! Miles was a water molecule. Although Miles didn’t know it, this was going to be quite a Thursday.

Sky Ocean Beautiful Sunset Ocean Surfers Waiting Wave — Free Stock Photo © Kireyonok #236976524

2

After he talked with his friends, he was getting pulled away. This was a normal feeling for him, but this time he was looking down at his home! He was evaporating into the clouds. That’s what happens when sunlight heats the water into gas making it go into the clouds. This is often referred to as light energy or heat energy. Miles felt that he was growing and getting bigger. After growing a lot, something scary happened.

Clouds over Ocean (pingnews) | Image by PINGNews | pingnews.com | Flickr

3

Miles fell through the sky. This is called precipitation. This happens when the drops of water get big and fall through the sky because of gravity. As he fell he thought about where he would land. Maybe Florida, California, or maybe where you live. He got closer and closer to the ground. This was getting scary.

Free picture: summer rain, nature, green grass, moisture, wet field, dew, sunshine, lawn

4

He landed in the grass next to a house. Maybe it was your house. After a while, he began to slide away from the house. Slowly but surely, he was into the next and the next and then he stopped. This is called runoff. This is when water is drained away. He stayed there for a while. He watched some kids come out to play. He saw them playing a game with their friends. How much he wished he could be a human. Then something happened again.

5

He began to heat up. Oh no. He was going to evaporate again. But, no. He stopped as soon as he reached the window. This is called condensation. This happens when the air is humid and the window is cold. As he stuck to the window he looked inside. The family was having dinner together. As a water droplet, he never had a family or the need for food. He longed to have that.

Sky Clouds Rain Window Free Stock Photo - Public Domain Pictures

6

After a while, he was pulled back into the clouds and fell back into the ocean. This was quite a day. He hoped to have a thrilling day tomorrow as well.

7
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content