Mount Hermon! by qamar adb alqadr - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Mount Hermon!

  • Joined Feb 2021
  • Published Books 1

Mount Hermon :-

 It is a mountain located in Syria and Lebanon. It extends from Banias and the Hula Plain in the southwest to the Horn of the Horn and the Tiberias valley in the northeast, and thus it forms the largest, most important and highest part of the eastern Lebanon mountain range that stretches between Syria and Lebanon. It is bordered from the east and south by the Wadi al-Ajam region, the Balan region, the villages of the western countryside of Damascus, and the Golan Heights in Syria and Palestine.

2

 -: Water and plants

The mountain was one of the largest geographical resources in the region. Due to its height, it captures a great deal of rain in a very dry part of the world. The fracturing of the Jurassic limestone by earthquakes and other water and chemical factors led to valleys and canals forming karstic terrain. Mount Hermon is characterized by a monsoon winter and snowfall in the spring, whose peaks cover most of the year. The meltwater seeps from the snow-capped western and southern bases of the mountain into the rock channels and pores, and replenishes the springs at the base of the mountain, which form streams and rivers. These merge to become the Jordan River. In addition, runoff facilitates fertile plant life below the snow line, where vineyards, pine, oak and poplar trees abound.


4

 metaphor :-

(or why they call it like that)

It is called Jabal al-Sheikh as a  for the head crowned with snow, just as gray hairs crown a person’s head. And Arab historians called it the snow mountain. Jabal al-Sheikh is the most famous mountain in the Levant, as it is located between Syria and Lebanon, and overlooks Palestine and Jordan, meaning that its vision is possible from the four political entities that make up the Levant. The name “Hermon” is Canaanite of a common Semitic origin, and in the Arabic language it means “sanctuary” or “sacred.” .

5
Mount Hermon! by qamar adb alqadr - Ourboox.com
Mount Hermon! by qamar adb alqadr - Ourboox.com

        Apple field  :- (i mean that up there 🔝)

This field of apples is famous because it is big and also in the summer because apples grow!  and ofc the apples is very good ^^

8

excitement :-

The Phoenicians worshiped him, and they called him one of their deities, the Baal Hermon. And they set up a temple for Baalhm next to the large rock that crowned the top, the effects of which are still visible today. Including the remains of the “Qasr Shabib” wall [5] belonging to one of these structures, its length is approximately ten meters. Inside the temple there is a circular opening with an area ranging between 26 and 30 square feet, and a depth of three feet, which was used as a place for the vows to be deposited from the side of those who ascended to the top of the mountain. I found a piece of temple stones, 18 feet long and 12 feet wide

10

And its thickness is four feet, on which are engraved Greek inscriptions with the following meaning: “By order of the greatest and most holy God, they made vows in this place.” There is a cave currently located inside a site of the international forces, believed to have been a temple of the god El.

The temples in Hermon received great attention from the Romans, who renewed them and crowned the top of the walls with capitals similar to the Temple of Bacchus and the Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek, and these temples remained highly respected, and a pilgrimage movement continued the visit of Baalbek and its temples until the fifth century AD. In the Great Syrian Revolution, battles took place in Majdal Shams and Hasbaya, attesting to the military importance of this mountain.

11
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content