My internship by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

My internship

  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 10

During the first semester I did Shenkar’s SREP internship program.

I did my internship at SolarEdge company.

SolarEdge is a leading Israeli global company in the field of smart energy technology. The company develops and sells solar solutions to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. The company’s main products are inverters and optimizers. Inverters convert solar to electrical energy, and optimizers optimize the process and ensure maximal outputs.  SolarEdge’s products are sold in more than 133 countries worldwide.

 

2

SolarEdge was established in 2006 by Guy Sella, Lior Handelsman, Yoav Galin, Meir Adest and Amir Fishelov. In 2008 the company’s products were installed for the first time, in 2009 the Company became international and in 2010 it started mass production of its products. In 2013 SolarEdge recorded sales of over 100 million dollar and in 2015 SolarEdge was traded in NASDAQ.

Currently, SolarEdge has Subcontractors in China, Vietnam, Mexico, Hungary, north Israel (Ziporit), and soon (hopefully) in the USA.

SolarEdge believes that continuous improvement in the ways they produce and manage the energy they consume will lead to a better future for all of us.

3

SolarEdge is a large company, with multiple departments. I will focus on the department I was belong to- Operations.

Operations-> Supply Chain-> production& planning-> planning material.

The planners work transversely, some of their responsibilities are Orders and shipments, shortages, and order confirmations.

I was a part of the planners team. My main mission was to create alternative parts data. The purpose of it is to save time and misunderstandings during the communication with the subcontractors.

The problem was that there are constant confirmations of using alternative parts during the manufacturing process, but nothing gathering all the information.

The solution was to retrieved information from the company’s data systems and synchronize between them. I built a new data base with all the relevant information. It will contribute the company a lot during their daily work and will save a lot of time.

In addition, sometimes we assisted some of the team members in their daily work, such as collecting data from forecasts, confirm orders and more.

4

During the internship I got to know the “high tech” life closer. On the first day I got a computer and a 10bis card. I came to the office in Herzliya twice a week and learned a lot.

The main conclusion I got from the internship period in not to be afraid asking questions. I learned about myself that I’m a quick learner and that I can quickly integrate in a new place.

5
My internship by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
My internship by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
My internship by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com

I signed up for the internship program because I wanted to gain new tools and to get to know the industry, while I’m still a student. Also, I wanted to add a line to my CV in professional experience.

Although I “spent” a lot of time during the internship, I got new tools that I believe would help me in the future. I think it’s the most practical course at “shenkar” and I would recommend my friends to take this course also.

9
My internship by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
My internship by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content