My Project Work by monika - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

My Project Work

  • Joined Jun 2021
  • Published Books 2

2

5

6
Book titled 'All About Me'Read this book made on StoryJumper
7
My Project Work by monika - Ourboox.com

World Famous Person I Admire

9
Martin Luther King

 Martin Luther King

 

   Biography: Martin Luther King Jr. was born on January 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia. He is the son of Baptist priest Martin Luther King Sr. and Alberta Williams King. The father was originally named Michael King and King Jr. himself was also named Michael King. After the family visited Germany in 1934, the father changed the names of both in honor of the German Protestant leader Martin Luther. Martin Luther King has an older sister, Willie Christine King, and a younger brother, Alfred Daniel Williams King.

11

On October 14, 1964, King won the  Nobel Peace Prize for combating racial inequality through nonviolent resistance. In 1965, he helped organize two of the three Selma to Montgomery marches. In his final years, he expanded his focus to include opposition towards poverty, capitalism, and the Vietnam War.

In 1968, King was planning a national occupation of Washington, D.C., to be called the Poor People’s Campaign, when he was assassinated on April 4 in Memphis, Tennessee.

12

King married Coretta Scott on June 18, 1953, on the lawn of her parents’ house in her hometown of Heiberger, Alabama. They became the parents of four children: Yolanda King (1955–2007), Martin Luther King III , Dexter Scott King  and Bernice King . During their marriage, King limited Coretta’s role in the civil rights movement, expecting her to be a housewife and mother.

13
thank u
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content