Oliver Twist a novel by Charles Dickens

by yali goldenberg

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Oliver Twist a novel by Charles Dickens

  • Joined Feb 2021
  • Published Books 1

אוליבר טוויסט / צ'רלס דיקנס | ביקורות ספרים, בריטניה | חכמות בנתה ביתה

2

My New Cover to this Wonderful Book 

 

As can be seen from this cover Oliver is escaping .

Oliver’s life has been quite difficult and most of his young years he had to run away from hard places and awful people who abused him .Running away is the main  symbol of the whole plot of Oliver’s story. This brave kid was able to face every obstacle that he met on his journey and at the end of all he stopped running away ,he found his safe place with people who loved him and cared for him.

3

A sumarry of the Plot

Oliver Twist 2005, directed by Roman Polanski | Film review

 

 

 

 

 

 

4

This is the story of a brave child named Oliver Twist. A child who goes through a difficult as well as unusual life. His journey affects his whole life. Oliver is an orphan, he loses both of his mother and father at a very young age .He lives in an orphanage outside of London together with other orphans .He gets a horrible treatment there and even being   abused by the people in charge of him at the orphanage. He gets almost   no food  there and physically maltreated

Until one night, he decides to run away. Oliver gets to the streets of London ,there he meets an unusual person named Fagin who turns out to be a devious dodger .Fagin is in charge of a group of boys who steal from  rich people on the streets ,these boys are actually pickpockets who work for Fagin. Without wanting so , soon Oliver becomes part of this weird group. At one occasion Oliver is witness to a horrible theft from an old man named  Mr.Brownlow , this event shocks him and he runs away again for the second time. As a result of his running he is being accused of stealing from Mr.Brownlow .However this mister is able to see Oliver’s innocent sole and looks through his pure eyes and realizes Oliver didn’t do it , but someone else, one of Fagin’s boys .

Mr .Brownlow  decides to take Oliver  to his house and take care of him. He understands that Oliver needs protection and indeed does everything he can to protect Oliver and give him the dissent life he deserves. Unfortunately, Fagin and his  horrible men  chase after Oliver and become a  threat  over his life due to the fact he is now  considered a rich boy . Oliver is being kidnapped by Bill Sikes ,Fagin’s helper and the plot becomes even more complicated. At the end of Oliver’s journey ,he finally gets the chance to become a happy kid and start a new life with Mr. Brownlow and his family  .

5

Oliver’s character Description

Oliver is an orphan born in a workhouse .He is eleven years old, an innocent child with values and respect for others. Oliver goes through a very difficult life . As a small baby, he loses his parents. He suffers from poverty as well as hunger .He has to face many hard situations .Due to the fact he has no adult to take care of him or to protect him he is being abused and maltreated at the orphanage where he lives. Moreover, he has to cope with even harder times on the streets of London when Fagin and his boys take advantage of him.

6

Oliver Twist (Character) | Oliver Twist-Charles Dickens Wiki | Fandom

7

Fagin’s character Description

Fagin is a very dangerous man .He is not a common criminal but a very sophisticated one.

Crime is his career .He takes advantage of innocent children who don’t have where to live as well as have no food to eat. Actually he influences innocent children on the street to steal from others for him and that way they become pickpockets at his service. He himself never commits crimes ,he makes others to do the “work” for him .These poor children almost never get paid .

Instead he gives them a place to sleep and a little bit of food to eat. The place where the boys sleep is horrible .It is full of rats and the food is bad. Fagin is an ugly ,evil man with awful appearance and a bad smell. His esthetics is low and his clothes are tattered .He has many wrinkles and his eyes are mean . One doesn’t wish to bump into someone like him on the street.

Although Oliver experiences unusual events  that most of them would have caused an average child become a criminal, he doesn’t give up his truth and stays loyal to his values he doesn’t let the horrible things Fagin and his boys do affect him in any way. Moreover, even when he becomes a rich child he doesn’t change and stays the same ,the same   Innocent good child he has always been. Oliver’s appearance is very similar to his personality, he has good eyes and a pure face with a sweet smile. He is handsome and his hair is bright exactly like his beautiful eyes. Although Fagin is a negative character with lots of flaws in his personality I find myself very curious about the man he is.

8

A Face Lift for Wretched Old Fagin (Published 2005) | Oliver twist characters, Oliver twist, Roman polanski

9

Book Review and Recommendation

This story happened a long time ago in England. It is about a poor boy named: Oliver. Oliver is an orphan. Both his mother and father died when he was a baby. Oliver then had to live in a big house with other children who didn’t have parents. This place was dirty and full of rats in all the rooms. Oliver didn’t go to school like normal children. He had to work from day till night. He was sad and hungry. Oliver’s  life changes when he runs a way to London and meets a cruel man named: Fagin. He goes through some horrible events together with some other children which Fagin takes advantage of. The second time his life changes but this time in a positive way  is when a good man named: Mr Brownlow saves his life and takes him to his house and provides  him with  protection. As well as takes care of him. This story has lots of adventures  and also complicated situations that Oliver has to deal with. Oliver is a special character he is both sensitive as well as strong, it is very easy to like him. There are many moments of suspense in this book ,and  I liked the parts where there was something unexpected happening. I enjoyed this book a great deal because the plot was interesting and exciting. One can learn a lot about how a little child becomes a fighter and wins against the hardest times in life, If you like adventure and wish to have a role model for life such as Oliver , I highly  recommend you to read this book. I’m sure You’ll enjoy it as I did.

10
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content