Research Paper Writing: Everything You Need to Know by Mary Lash - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Research Paper Writing: Everything You Need to Know

  • Joined Nov 2021
  • Published Books 5

If you are about to join college then it’s important to know one of the compulsory papers you’re going to need to write at some point during your college years.
Note that it’s one of the most complex tasks college students have to tackle that requires some good writing skills, adequate research skills, time, and focus to get it right.
What is a Research Paper?
First of all, it’s important to understand what a research paper is so that you have an idea about it. Even though you can pay studyclerk for research paper, it’s good you know what this paper is all about before you engage Study Clerk writing experts. One of the most important steps of getting an academic paper right is knowing what it is.

2

Basically, a research paper is an academic assignment that involves in-depth research and analysis of information on a given topic. As the name suggests, this paper is meant to evaluate students’ research abilities as well as the ability present original and insightful information.
A research paper is different from a research proposal.
Often, students confuse a research paper with a research proposal.
A research proposal is usually brief and descriptive of your motivation for a given topic.
In other words, it’s a piece of writing that shows why you’re interested to research a particular topic and the results you want to achieve.

3

Essential Features of a Research Paper
A research paper is:
⦁ Written to investigate a problem and come up with its solution.
⦁ Longer than other academic assignments.
⦁ Founded on in-depth research on a given problem.
⦁ Written based on the student’s thoughts but you can get some references from the literature.
⦁ Written with information backed up with evidence such as samples, experimental studies, etc.
How to Write a Research Paper
The research paper writing process is pretty similar to that of academic essays. However, this paper is much longer and more in-depth. Besides, a research paper is meant to evaluate both your writing and scholarly research skills.

4

When asked to write a research paper, the professor wants you to show how you understand the topic, engage with multiple sources, and come up with a unique contribution to the discussion.
That said, here is a brief guide on how to write a research paper:
Familiarize Yourself With the Instructions
There is a reason why the research paper is accompanied by instructions.
Completing a research paper successfully means accomplishing the specific tasks set out for you. Before you start, make sure you thoroughly understand the assignment task sheet:
⦁ Go over the task sheet carefully and note down any word or statement you don’t understand then seek clarification from your professor.
⦁ Understand the objective of the paper, the due date, how long it should be, and how you’re required to format and submit it.

5

Select a Good Topic
There are numerous ways of creating a thought for this paper, from conceptualizing with pen and paper to talking it through with an individual understudy or teacher.
You can attempt free composition, which includes taking a wide theme and composing persistently for a few minutes to recognize without question, whatever significance that might intrigue you.
You can likewise acquire motivation from other exploration. The conversation or proposal areas of research papers frequently incorporate thoughts for other explicit points that require further assessment.
When you have a wide branch of knowledge, restricted it down to pick a point that intrigues you, meets the standards of your task, and is feasible to investigate. Keep note of ideas that are unique and explicit.
Once you have selected a good research paper topic, you’re done with the hardest part.
Collect enough information, formulate a strong thesis statement, create a basic outline, write the paper, and proofread it once done.

6
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content