Room by Room Decorating: The Essentials by Jilli Rose - Illustrated by Jilli Rose - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Room by Room Decorating: The Essentials

by

Artwork: Jilli Rose

  • Joined Mar 2019
  • Published Books 12

You may have a general theme for your house- which is great! You always need to have a general plan of where you want your interior décor focused on. Personalize as much as you want, but keep in mind that each room has a certain functionality and have to be well equipped for those functions. This is what sets them apart from each other. Here’s a small guide on the essentials of decorating room by room to get you started.

The Living Room

The living room is either where you entertain your guests or have the family come together for study purposes, entertainment or even to just socialize. This room needs to be adjoining the kitchen and dining room in some manner. You need to remember to pick out a focal point in the room, where you’ll be able to create conversation hotspots and base your furniture around it. Once that arrangement is done, you can work around the furniture and add your other décor.

Bedrooms

It’s worth investing in some good quality mattress and pillows. Also be mindful about what colours you pick for your bedroom. If you’re a morning person, something lighter is more your style. If you wake up late, darker colours may be more up your alley. But remember that the colour you pick for your walls will also affect the mood you’re trying to set. Lighter colours would stimulate more productiveness while darker colours would urge you to sleep more.

Bathrooms

Bathrooms these days have become more about accentuating the tones of elegance and sophistication. From Italian tiles and wood cabinets to crystal light fixtures, these accessories just scream upper-end living.

 

Kitchens

Remodelling your entire kitchen at once can take up quite a bit of your budget so allow yourself to work on a few things at a time. For example, give it a new paint job, replace the cooktops and cabinets and add softer lighting! This itself will eventually have your kitchen feeling brand new.

Dining Room

The obvious centrepiece of this room is the dining table. You need to look for something that meets the aesthetic of what you’re trying to achieve but also meets the criterion in terms of functionality. For example, a glass table will give you an exceptional modern vibe but if you have kids in the picture, it’s not really your safest option. A picnic style trestle table will have that rustic, homely look but if you’re looking for a balance in elegance, French Mahogany always works out well!

Home Office

As more people begin to work from home, designing a good office space has become critical. Your home office potentially needs to be able to host business partners, and have all the necessary office equipment. It should preferably be in the quieter side of the house, and you can easily convert your closets into storage cupboards.

These are the very basics to keep in mind when decorating room by room. Don’t forget to place your functional needs above all else and then considering its aesthetic appeal!

2
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content