Second Grade Community Careers by Gabrielle McCarthy - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Second Grade Community Careers

  • Joined Sep 2018
  • Published Books 1

Welcome to SUNY Cortland. We are your tour guides, Gabby and Allie! We hope you learn a lot about our home as college students at SUNY Cortland. Enjoy your trip!

3

Our community has a lot of different careers. A lot of jobs are through the college, SUNY Cortland.

 

Other jobs are at restaurants in downtown Cortland, at the medical center, at Walmart, or at one of our five elementary schools.

 

This book will show some of the most popular jobs you can find in the community.

4
Second Grade Community Careers by Gabrielle McCarthy - Ourboox.com

The SUNY Cortland community provides a lot of jobs to the members of Cortland county. Whether it be as a professor, a dining hall server, a coach, in the University Police Department, or any of the other jobs on campus, SUNY Cortland is definitely a major employer for the Cortland community.

6

SUNY Cortland has so many professors teaching different classes in all types of fields. There are science, math, language, and social studies professors, as well as so many other topics. Many of these professors are members of the Cortland community, and some even live close to the campus!

 

Do you want to become a teacher?

 

 

7
Second Grade Community Careers by Gabrielle McCarthy - Ourboox.com

The SUNY Cortland campus has two main dining halls, as well as other on-campus cafes and food distributors. There are all different types of jobs in these service areas, including chefs, servers, cleaning staff, and cashiers. The dining hall is another important aspect of the college that provides many jobs to the Cortland community!

 

Would you like to work in a dining hall?

9
Second Grade Community Careers by Gabrielle McCarthy - Ourboox.com

SUNY Cortland is a college that values and loves athletics. There is a large variety of Varsity sports for the college that all require at least one coach, and usually a few assistant coaches. Some of the coaching positions are filled by members of our community!

 

If you were a coach, what sport would you choose to coach?

11
Second Grade Community Careers by Gabrielle McCarthy - Ourboox.com

The University Police Department is a really important part of the college community, keeping everybody safe. Many of the police officers from UPD are members of the Cortland community!

 

What do you know about police officers?

13
Second Grade Community Careers by Gabrielle McCarthy - Ourboox.com

The downtown area of Cortland is an important part of our community! There are so many different restaurants, with all types of food, that provide goods to the community. Jobs in downtown Cortland include chefs, servers, baristas and cleaning staff at different restaurants. A few of the restaurants in downtown Cortland are:

Cortland Diner

Frank and Mary’s

Hairy Tony’s

BRU 64

BRIX Pubaria

Footies Freez

A Pizza and More

15
Second Grade Community Careers by Gabrielle McCarthy - Ourboox.com

Another main employer in our community is the Cortland Regional Medical Center. This major hospital employees our community members as doctors, nurses, secretaries, and cleaning staff!

 

Have you ever been to see the doctor?

17
Second Grade Community Careers by Gabrielle McCarthy - Ourboox.com

Our supersized Walmart is another major employer of the community. This huge store has a variety of jobs including cashiers, associates, and cleaning staff.

19

Lastly, our Cortland Enlarged City School District employs many of our community members. Whether is be as teachers, coaches, principals, secretaries, cleaning staff, assistants or aides, there are so many jobs for our community members at the schools in our city.

 

What do you want to be when you grow up?

20

Thanks for taking this tour with us about Cortland, New York! We hope you learned all about our magical, little town and decide to take a visit soon!  

21
Second Grade Community Careers by Gabrielle McCarthy - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content