death star
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Star Wars Rogue One Catalyst

by

Artwork: James Luceno

  • Joined Dec 2018
  • Published Books 1

Name of the author; James Luceno

Date published;November 15,2016

Summary of the book:

Galen Erso has long believed the Kyber crystal could be the key to unfathomable energy production, and after the Clone Wars, the Empire Now have access to the entire galaxy’s kyber supply, having killed all the Jedi. Gives him the opportunity to study as much Kyber as his heart could desire. The kyber crystals are the rocks that power the jedi’s  lightsabers.

The novel is to see how Krennic (the bad guy) gradually moves away from Galen’s (the good guy)ethic, gradually preparing him for the opportunity to work on a secret high-level energy production effort that would be secretly used to propel the Star’s main weapon. death.

This story is moving and powerful, and has lessons on how to keep in touch with family, love and ethics, but it also makes Galen’s participation seem almost inevitable, because Krennic’s manipulations are brutally exhaustive. Krennic caused Galen’s life to be destroyed just to give it back and give him credit, and in the end, Galen’s desperation, along with his genuine interest in kyber , simply had the best of him.

2

Description of the main characters:

Galen Erso
is the father of Jyn Erso and the husband of the late Lyra Erso. A scientist, Galen and his family were initially rescued from Separatists by the young Orson Krennic. As Galen explored the potential of kyber crystals, Krennic took an interest in his work. After learning that Krennic (and the Imperials) were hoping to construct a superweapon, Galen and his family went into hiding.

Lyra Erso
Lyra is the wife of Galen Erso.Lyra used to exercise in public gardens at the Jedi Temple, and her faith in the Force is an important part of her free-spirited personality as well as an interesting connection to other religions that grew up around the Jedi.

Orson Krennic: The Director of Advanced Weapons research for the Galactic Empire. More specifically, he was in charge of the security division of the Death Star project.Krennic was originally a friend of Galen Erso, helping to advance Galen’s scientific career. Galen helped Krennic to develop and build the technology that would be used in the Death Star.The antagonist of the novel.

 

3

8 new words and their definitions:

1-Environmental:

Relates to the natural world and the impact of human activity on its condition.

2-Chamber:

A large room used for formal or public events.

3-Swarm:

a great number of honeybees emigrating together from a hive in company with a queen to start a new colony elsewhere.

4-Coupled:

combine.

5-Presumably:

used to convey that what is asserted is very likely though not known for certain.

6-Schematic:

(in technical contexts) a schematic diagram, in particular of an electric or electronic circuit.

7-Enhancement:

an increase or improvement in quality, value, or extent.

8- Breakthrough:

An important discovery or development that helps to solve a problem.

4

Two quotes from the book and an explanation of what the quotes mean or why you

think they are important;

“Science doesn’t take sides, does it?”

refers that you can make scientific advances without being on a side.This is more of a excuse of doing scientific advances with the enemy.

 

“Even the brightest of dreams-come-true has shadowy recesses.”

it means that even one’s dreams can be the nightmares of others.the dreams of a bad person that come true affect many people.

 

 

5

My recommendation:

A good prequel to the movie Rogue One. Less action-packed and more deliberate than the other Star Wars books, Catalyst, as the title suggests, revolves around the events that sparked the creation of a galactic superweapon.Overall, I liked the novel.Its for Star Wars fans.

6
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content