The Sunscreen by katerina Mytnytsky - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Sunscreen

  • Joined Feb 2022
  • Published Books 8

Nowadays more and more people start understanding the importance of wearing sunscreen every day.
In places like Israel where summer is 2/3 of the year, we must wear sunscreen all the time even in the winter.

 

In the last two years, I understood the importance of wearing sunscreen And I think you don’t need to be tan to feel beautiful.

 

 

 

2

The awe earnest Of the harm that was caused by the sun you started to be more and more popular.

So I decided to learn who invented the sunscreen that I use every day.

 

3

4

In 1938 Franz Greiter, a Swiss chemistry student, gets sunburnt while climbing a mountain in Austria, of all places. He decides to create a sunscreen.

 

Coppertone was started by Benjamin Green in Florida. His original formula contained a substance called red veterinary petroleum, or Red Vet Pet for short. This sunscreen was kept in lifeboats and tanks for use by soldiers during World War II.

 

5

Sunscreen has evolved over the years starting out as a lotion with a SPF 2. Back when sunscreen was invented it was a red thick, sticky formula similar to petroleum jelly and far cry from the lightweight, hydrating formulas we have today. In the nineties, sunscreen evolved bringing with it various different formulas including gels and sprays. Factor 20 and 30 were launched and a UVA rating was put in place.

In 1977 The FDA started to require all sunscreens to be labeled with an SPF rating. This rule was made with consumer safety in mind and is now an important part of sunscreen shopping.

6

In the 80’s Zinc oxide became a popular ingredient in sunscreen lotions. This mineral is not only good for sun protection, but also for diaper rash, chapped skin, and other skin irritations. It’s an important part of what is now referred to as “mineral sunscreens.” But in 1988 an essential ingredient called avobenzone was added to sunscreens. This helps protect your skin from not only UVB rays, but from UVA rays as well.

7

About :

Professor Franz Greiter was born in Wittberg, Tyrol in the mountains of Austria in December 1919, and died at age 66 in 1985. He completed his early studies in Bregenz, Austria in 1945. As a devoted mountain climber and skier, Greiter frequently suffered from severe sunburn, one of the worst occurring on climbing Piz Buinm the highest mountain of the Silvretta area at the Swiss Austrian border. The experiments that led to the most effective sunscreens were begun in a small room in the paternal house. Because Greiter’s sunscreens were particularly effective for mountaineers, they were sought after by climbers in the Himalayas, Andes and Mount Everest. In 1962, Greiter introduced the concept of SPF into Photobiology and industry; he was the first to develop sunscreens absorbing UVA as well as UVB, and developed water resistant products.

8

My Favorite sunscreen for the face is :

9
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content