The Amish

by Masrat

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Amish

  • Joined Nov 2020
  • Published Books 3

A little information about the Amish:

 The Amish are a group of pepole who has a simple lifestyle. Their lives are simple and they do not involve the use of modern means no electricity, television or internet. Most of them work on a farm, and teenagers, who have almost no interest in modern things, often do sports. They live to a very strict set of rules, isolated from the rest of the world.
They are some Amish people who return to their community and join the church. The others begin a regular and modern life.
2
The Amish by Masrat - Ourboox.com

Where do the Amish live?

With the farming at the center of their lives and their big families, the Amish
always find a out new land away from  modern areas .they are now in 30
states as well as Canada. Ohio has the biggest Amish population, like
Pennsylvania and Indiana. Because they don’t want be influenced by modern ways.
4
The Amish by Masrat - Ourboox.com

 Their clothing style

 Its typical for Amish women and girls to wear plain dresses  with long sleeves and a full skirt. They never cut their hair they wear in a bun on the back of the head. On their heads they wear a white prayer covering if they are married and a black one if they are single. Amish women don’t wear jewelry.
Men and boys wear dark-colored suits, solid-colored shirts and black socks and shoes, Their shirts fasten with buttons, but their suit coats and vests fasten with hooks and eyes. They do not have mustaches, but they grow beards after they marry.
6
The Amish by Masrat - Ourboox.com
electricity and Transport 
Amish people think that quick access to electricity or the Internet is like communicating with the modern world. In 1919 the Amish leaders agreed that connecting to power lines would not be in the best interest of the Amish community. They didn’t make this decision because they thought electricity was evil, It’s because they think electrical appliances can destroy the family bond and church.
The Amish don’t have cars. But they can be passengers , buses, trains, or in the cars of someone that want to give them a ride. This doesn’t violate the traditions and allows them to reach places. Also, the Amish can hire people outside their community so they can give them a ride . But they don’t use planes because they think that they are too modern
8
The Amish by Masrat - Ourboox.com
Amish Families
The family is the most important social unit among the Pennsylvania Amish .those with 7-10 children are not uncommon.
several generations often living under the same roof.
In Amish society, older family members are respected and cared for by the family and community, The Pennsylvania Amish usually don’t accept social security.
some Amish form crews that build houses and other buildings for non-Amish.
10
The Amish by Masrat - Ourboox.com
Religion
There is no church. For the purpose of holding the religious ceremonies, the Amish meet once every two weeks in the barn of one of the members. Everyone gathers together – men women and children. The main part of the ceremony is in the singing of the anthems.
12
The Amish by Masrat - Ourboox.com
Where did they come from originally?
The Amish originally came from Switzerland and Germany. They were characterized by the fact that they baptized their children in adulthood again. Because they did not see meaning in baptism in childhood, the real baptism for them is the baptism of the adults, Because they older.
one of the leaders of the Swiss community, retired with his followers and founded the Amish, who were named after him. He ordered them to wear uniforms that didn’t include buttons. He ordered men not to shave.
Most of the Amish emigrated to the United States. From the beginning they did not believe in the state and were isolated in small communities.
14
The Amish by Masrat - Ourboox.com
Education
The Amish built their own schools. The idea is to prevent the children from getting a general education so that they can continue in their parents ways and become farmers like them. Children, according to the Amish view, should work in the field from the moment they reach self-awareness. The idea is one room school, where all the children study together until the age of 12-13. Then, they have a special exemption from studies. Amish adults see school as a necessary learning step for preparing the children for the world. The children receive formal education until the age of 12 . Classes are conducted in English to learn the language. The teachers are from the Amish and were educated only until the age of 12. 
16
The Amish by Masrat - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content