The Amish’s life

by Tohar Mitas

Artwork: Tohar Mitas, Ofri Abecassis

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Amish’s life

by

Artwork: Tohar Mitas, Ofri Abecassis

  • Joined Mar 2021
  • Published Books 1

Chapter 1:

History

They live in north Africa, there are spread for 22 countries in the U.S.A and in the Ontario region of Canada.

They came from Germany and Switzerland, that is Their original place that they came from.

Until the 17th century they were part of the Mennonites.

They were persecuted by the religious establishment.

The Mennonites were persecuted by Catholics and Protestants alike and some were brought to the stake as infidels.

in the 18th century the Amish were leaving Germany and Switzerland and Then the Amish emigrated to the U.S.A.

a lot of other cristian community was pay attention to the

2

 amish people, the amish people was and are unique people.

Today, the largest community is in Indiana, alongside a large community of MennonitUntil es. Amish communities exist in 20 countries.

the amish people have a really strong influence on each other now and also in the past.

(AmishThese belong to Jacob Aman)

 

 

3

chpter 2:

lifestyle

The amish lifestyle is very simple, and this is why their second name is “simple people”.

the amish don’t use electricity because there are many reasons:

  1. They live cristin lives and the Bible tells them they aren’t supposed to  fit into the world.
  2. The amish leaders in 1919 decided to not use electricity because it wouldn’t be to the  best interest to the amish people and to the amish community.

They also don’t use modern conveniences like cars, microwaves, GPS… and that is unique about the amish people, they choose to not use modern convenience when this was available right in front of them.

 

4

they protect themselves from the outside influences that could affect them as a community.

they don’t use cars because it is a modern convenience so they use horse and buggy.

 a horse and a buggy is a very popular sign in the amish community and this is also their transportation.

 

Family is the most important thing in the amish culture.

It is common for families that have seven to ten children. 

In the amish home the man works on the farm while the wife does the washing,cooking, cleaning and other chores.

The chores are clearly divided by sexual roels, the man is working and the wife is doing household chores, also the father is the head of the family.

5

The typically amish family

 

 

Questions on the Amish family

6

The Amish live the christan way.
The Amish have no synagogue or house of prayer.
There is a version that tells of the Amish people that their custom of praying in a barn and not in an ordinary synagogue is a relic of the period of persecution (when the Amish couldn’t pray in a normal, they do it in a mysterious way).
When they do a prayer ceremony they meet in a barn at one of the community members once every two weeks each time in a round.
When they do the ceremony the whole community gathers together: men, women and children
Their prayer ceremony includes the singing of hymns and sermons.
The congregation is led by religious leaders who are not necessarily scholars elected by the community.

Choice is a combination of two aspects that together create a

choice of charisma and a divine choice.

7

Step A – They select a number of candidates that the community sees as worthy, in a democratic election. Stage B – They raise the fate of one holy book out of all the holy books of the elect in stage A – This phase is designed to strengthen the confidence of those chosen by the community. The bishops of all the congregations come together to make general decisions on sensitive and important issues. Sometimes, a community opposes and acts contrary to a bishop’s ruling and then the decision whether to keep it as a member of the Amish group or not depends on the type of issue and the type of opposition.

The holy book of the Amish is the Bible. They follow the Old and New Covenants together, and to the New Covenant they add all sorts of laws by which they live their daily lives. This system of laws is called “Ordong.”

It is very typical to the amish people that they do not believe in baptism but they Baptists their babies but this has no big  meaning to them.

8

The amish Religious life

 

 

Distinctive Amish beliefs include believer's baptism, brotherhood, non-resistance, authority of the Bible and separateness in… | Amish, Amish beliefs, Amish culture

 

 

9

The amish lifestyle is also known by their way of clothing. 

their clothes are an expression of their faith,it is not a

costume. 

the women most of the time make their own dress,they buy material like fabric and buttons.

women and girls typically wear dresses with long sleeves and a long skirt.

They never cut their hair and most of the time they wear their hair in a  low bun and they do not wear any jewelry.

Men and boys wear suits without lapels, broadfall trousers, suspenders,  in solid-colored shirts and mostly black socks and shoes.

 

10

The amish clothing.

 

140 Amish Clothing Women's ideas | amish clothing, amish, plain people

 

 

11

The adult amish people think that the school is necessary for teenagares. the kids get to have education.

Many of the amish school teachers are young women who are just a few years out of school.

Education is also a big part of home life, with farming and homemaking skills is an important part of an Amish child’s life.

 

In the amish life most of them are farming that are engaged in raising animals and work the ground, this is their livelihood.

their produce is known to be tasty and healthy. they are not allowed to hire employees  and this is why the kids help in the fields from a young age.

 

 

12

And finally the amish houses, the amish houses are usually simple and large, most features white siding of some type, Porches and decks are common.

The inside of the house is most of the time plain. They do not have many pictures and other decorations on the walls, the floors are usually hardwood and maybe there’s gonna be some rugs.

they don’t use electrical appliances so they have no lamps.

 

Amish home | Amish house, Amish country, Amish farm

13

chapter 3:

the reason they choose this life

The amish people choose to live like this because they believe that living a loving life  comes from the power of salvation and redemption.

The amish people  live in a pure community of people who believe and think just like them , who live in separation from the rest of the world.

they choose to live a simple way even if sometimes is harder than it looks to the rest of the world, who live a normal life.

they choose this way of life because of the influence the world has on every person, the amish people choose not to be affected by this influence and to save their amish custom and their unique community.

14
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content