555555
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Eva: The Life of Eva Peron

by

Artwork: Martha Vega

  • Joined May 2018
  • Published Books 1

The Life of Eva Peron

 

by Jill Hedges

 

 

Published October 21, 2016

2
Eva: The Life of Eva Peron by Martha Vega - Illustrated by Martha Vega - Ourboox.com
Eva: The Life of Eva Peron by Martha Vega - Illustrated by Martha Vega - Ourboox.com

Eva Maria Duarte of Peron was born in Los Toldos Argentina on May 07, 1919. She was an Argentine actress, activist and politician. At the age of 16 years old, she traveled to Buenos Aires, Argentina to work and earn a living as an actress in small venus, plays and on the radio. In 1944, she meet Colonel Juan Peron, with whom she started a great sentimental relationship, where they became engaged and married one year later. In 1946, Juan was nominated in the elections where he won and reached the political position of President of Argentina.

5
Eva: The Life of Eva Peron by Martha Vega - Illustrated by Martha Vega - Ourboox.com

Eva Peron became the First Lady of Argentina and that is were she began her good deeds in helping the people who most needy. She achieved the sanction in 1947 of the laws of female suffrage. Also, fight for the rights of equality between men and women. Evita created many foundations financed by public funds. With which she created hospitals, asylums and schools in order to granting scholarships to students and homes for the homeless.

7
Eva: The Life of Eva Peron by Martha Vega - Illustrated by Martha Vega - Ourboox.com

She was officially declared ¨Spiritual Chief of the Nation¨ in 1952. Unfortunately her health worsened in April of that same year and no longer to acts of presence in her good works of charity as her health worsened day by day. She never let a doctor review or treat her already advanced cancer. It was until July 26, 1952 at 33 years of age that Eva Peron died at cause of a fulminant uterine cancer.

9

 

 

10

New Words:

✓  Enterprice: One who uses creative methods yo solve problems.

✓  Forthcoming: A person who expresses his or her thoughts directly.

✓  Raucous: One who has a harsh or obscene humor.

✓  Scapegoat: One who is chosen to take the blame for many others.

✓  Staunch: A strong defender of a cause, not easily shaken.

✓  Steadfast: One who does not tire easily.

✓  Suffrage: The right to vote.

✓  Oligarchy: Government in which a few exercise control for selfish purposes.

11
Eva: The Life of Eva Peron by Martha Vega - Illustrated by Martha Vega - Ourboox.com

I believe in this quote she advises us that we should always fight for our dreams because nothing is impossible and the more we want it, more easier it will be to reach them.

13
Eva: The Life of Eva Peron by Martha Vega - Illustrated by Martha Vega - Ourboox.com

She always reflected in her words and deeds the desire to help and fight for the equality of women´s rights. In this quote she demands those rights for the benefit of them because she knows that in those times women had to struggle.

15

16

I highly recommend reading this type of books because they help us to know a little more about the life and important data of that person in their biography. On this occasion, I chose to read and describe a little of the life of Eva Peron. Who for me is a great woman and role model to follow because she leave a big legacy of constant struggles to fight for rights towards women and the needy.

17
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content