The Great Depression by Divine Hope - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Great Depression

  • Joined Mar 2016
  • Published Books 1

I must say that if there was any other president in office other than Franklin D. Roosevelt that America’s way back to normal would taken much longer than it did or maybe not even at all. FDR make sure that we are taken care of unlike that lousy president Herbert Hoover, he give us hope that one day things would be better, to my knowledge he kept every promise that came out his mouth. That’s why I love FDR and that will never change.

I bet my bottom dollar that President Franklin D. Roosevelt will go down in history as one of the best president’s in history. The reason i say that is, because FDR has accomplished so many things in his time of being president so far and i know he have many more to come with no doubt in my mind. He also have a great connection with we the people, i really feel as if i personally know FDR and that’s something no other president has done.

 

2
The Great Depression by Divine Hope - Ourboox.com

Its crazy how just last week i was living in my dream home right in the city of New York to now living in this shanty town filled with homeless people sleeping in cardboard boxes and so much other garbage. Who would have ever thought that i would go from being a millionaire one week to being a homeless hobo the next. I really hate it here everyone is just depressed, there are at least two suicides a week, its really cold around this time in NYC so imagine living in cardboard boxes, yes i know it sounds very cozy. I know its hard for me and everyone else but my heart really goes out to the kids, there should be no reason why a child should have to go through these bad conditions and see all these brutal things, but i see these kids parents trying so hard to do for their children and try and make their children life as easy as it can get in this hard knock life. I’ve realized that my life before this great depression came isn’t just going to fall down from the sky I have to go and get it. So that’s what i’m going to do tomorrow i’m going into the city to look for jobs and hopefully it work in my favor.

4
The Great Depression by Divine Hope - Ourboox.com

So its been another dreadful day. Nothing has been the same since Little Tommy died last week when a black blizzard had struck for the third time that week and this time the effects of the dirt was just to much for Little Tommy body to handle. Now mama is being extra protective cause she say “I’ve lost one child to this dirt and I refuse to lose another one” so now every time a black blizzard come we go in the bedroom and hide up under the bed all three of us me, mama, and papa she feel like were more safer down there. Papa has been depressed as well not only with the lost of Little Tommy, but he’s been trying to sell our farm so that we can get some money and leave the dust bowl but no one wants to buy infertile farm land in the middle of the dust bowl. I’m praying that one day we do leave this place, because all it does is remind me of my little brother and how much I miss him and just to think that maybe one day the dirt might be to much for my body to handle.

6
The Great Depression by Divine Hope - Ourboox.com

Just when i thought nothing else could go wrong, my life tuns completely upside down. Before losing everything on the stock market I was smart enough to start a savings account with the bank my family has been using for years just in case something like this was to happen me and my family would have some money to live off of. So after I lost everything I decided to go and get my savings out of the bank just to find out that there was no bank. when I pulled up the bank I had a feeling that something wasn’t right but I stilled believed that there’s no way things could get worst. So when I walked in there was a lady at the front desk and she just looked so depressed so at that moment i knew i was about to hear some bad news. So I once i got to the desk I asked her could I get my savings out the bank and she replied with words I will never forget she said “were all out of money” all I could do was fall on my knees and cry cause I realized that there was nothing I could do for my family because we don’t have any money. The lady tried explaining that they had loaned all the money out and now people don’t have a way of paying them back and their bank failed I really wasn’t trying to listen to anything she was saying I was more focused on how I’m going to take care of my family.

8
The Great Depression by Divine Hope - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content