The History of The Sandwich

by Liam Porat

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The History of The Sandwich

  • Joined Mar 2021
  • Published Books 1

 

 

We all know what is basically sandwich

 

Sandwich is made out of vegetables, sliced cheese, meat… placed on/between slices of bread.

 

This is the familiar part of the sandwich but,

Have you heard about the history of the sandwich?

 

Let me tell you.

2

Bay Area Classic Ham Sandwich | Indiana Kitchen® Brand Pork Products

3

 

At first, the sandwich was food that men shared while gaming and drinking at night.

 

The sandwich slowly began appearing in polite society as a late night meal among the aristocracy.

4

Subway Launches New Club Sandwich Lineup | QSR magazine

5

The Sandwich is named after John Montagu, the 4th earl of Sandwich.

At the eighteenth-century

John said that he ordered his valent to bring him meat between two pieces of bread. Lord Sandwich said that it is common and he likes this form of food because it allowed him to continue playing cards.

6

In the US the Sandwich was first brought up as a dinner. By the early 20th century, As bread became a staple of the American diet.

 

The Sandwich became the same kind of popular, Quick meal that was already known at the Mediterranean.


7

According to the Earl of Sandwich’s request for Beef between two slices of bread, his friends began to order “The same as Sandwich”.

The first written usage of the word “Sandwich” appeared in Edward Gibbon’s journal referring to “bits of cold meat” as a “Sandwich”.

8

9
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content