Noses
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Understanding Your Body’s Unique Rhythms

by

Artwork: Mor Goldstein

  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 15

The human body is a complex system that operates in fascinating ways. One such phenomenon that has captured the attention of many researchers is the nasal cycle. Just like how some people are left-handed or right-handed, we also have a “strong” nostril that changes throughout the day.

 

The nasal cycle is a physiological process that regulates the flow of air through our nasal passages. At any given time, one nostril is more dominant than the other, which allows for increased airflow to help humidify and warm the air we breathe.

 

Research shows that this dominance changes every few hours, and it can vary from person to person. For some, their left nostril may be more dominant during the day, while for others, it could be the right nostril.

 

 

2

Scientists are still trying to understand the underlying mechanism behind this phenomenon, but some believe it could be related to the autonomic nervous system, which controls many of our body’s functions.

 

Just like how some people have a dominant hand, understanding your nasal cycle can help you better understand your body and its unique rhythms. By paying attention to your nasal cycle, you can also optimize your breathing and potentially improve your overall wellbeing.

3
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content