The Most Common Language Mistakes of Foreign Students Studying In Australia by Soli mare - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Most Common Language Mistakes of Foreign Students Studying In Australia

I'm interested in different methods of learning and self-improvement
  • Joined Apr 2021
  • Published Books 5

One of the most popular languages to learn is English, which is probably the most spoken language worldwide. Most people choose to learn the language to communicate effectively with others worldwide or secure a job. It might be popular, but this does not mean that it is easy to master, especially for foreigners in countries like Australia. People face many challenges when learning English and one stands a better chance of mastering it if they understand the common language mistakes below are the common ones.

Grammar

English grammar is complicated, making it hard to master, remember and use sensibly. It is tricky to use correct grammar in conversation, especially when talking with someone fast. One can compare learning grammar to learning to drive; one can learn all the theories, rules, and 

regulations, but they cannot be proficient unless they practice, and it

becomes second nature.

2

Grammar is essential, and its incorrect use can confuse the person one is communicating with and change the meaning of what one is saying. Native speakers of the language are highly aware of grammar and will immediately notice a grammatical error, however how small it is. If one is taking an exam, they should avoid these mistakes, but it is not that strict in informal settings.

Vocabulary

Vocabulary can be a challenge, especially when dealing with verb variations and understanding which tense to use in different situations. Students often find it difficult and tedious to proofread their research reports; however, EssayOnTime has a Grammar Checker. I checked my grammar using this tool while working on my essays. English non-speakers can find it challenging to master the language since it has one of the most extensive vocabularies of all languages.

3

Pronunciation

Foreigners can find it hard to pronounce words in English, and it is not that obvious to know how to. English native speakers have learned the language from an early age. For example, they know they should not pronounce the k in the word knight; they learn the subtle ways to pronounce words to relay the right message. It can be hard to correctly pronounce some words depending on the individual’s first language having never had to create the sound before.

Variations in English

There are many variations in the English language, proving confusing to foreigners. There is a difference between formal and informal English and written and spoken language. It results in students writing the words according to how they sound rather than how they are spelled and using informal language or slang; they have learned informal situations.

 

4

Conclusion

The English language seems easy to native speakers of the language. It is, however, not the case for international students who study in countries like Australia. However, one should remember that practice is the key, like any other skill that individuals learn in life.

5
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content