The Scouts by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Scouts

  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 10

In this book, I will share with you a significant component of my life during school.

As a Tel Aviv native, it was customary for all students in my class to join this largest youth movement in the city, The Scouts.

2
The Scouts by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com

From fourth to ninth grade, I was an active member, attending all activities and trips, and learning valuable skills and knowledge.

In tenth and eleventh grade, I became an instructor, and the experience of guiding and teaching younger children gave me a large personal satisfaction. It allowed me to pass on the values I had acquired, form meaningful relationships, and gain as much from them as they did from me.

 

4

In twelfth grade, it was clear to me that I wanted to be a Chief of Training. I enjoyed my years as an instructor so much, so it was clear to me that I wanted to be responsible for all the instructors and pass on my knowledge to them.

 

This year was a very significant year for me.

I was responsible for about 800 campers, I led and planned trips, from the logistical part to the instructional part.
I talked to vendors, parents of campers, instructors and many other people.

It was the first time I managed such a large amount of people, and i understood I’m good at doing it.

 

5
The Scouts by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com

The scouts provided me with invaluable tools that I still use today, such as public speaking and self-confidence, but also I learned about time management and how to balance my dedication to scouts with my studies.

 

 

7

Perhaps the most important lesson I learned was about perspective and proportion. The scouts taught me that life is not always easy, and that we must learn to take it in stride and find joy in the journey, not just the destination. As long as we do our best and enjoy the process, we can be satisfied with our achievements.

These insights continue to guide me to this day.

8
The Scouts by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
The Scouts by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
The Scouts by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content