The Triangle Pendant

by Dave

Artwork: Dvir Barkali

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Triangle Pendant

by

Artwork: Dvir Barkali

  • Joined Apr 2018
  • Published Books 1

1

The mysterious door on Windsor Street

Morning. I went to school as usual and in this time I did a shortcut.
I passed through Windsor Street, a dark alley in East London not far from my house. By the way, my name is Ed, or Edward and I’m 16 years old. Windsor Lane has always been known as a very dangerous place and few would pass there. I set off from my house toward the dark alley and started walking.

For a moment I hesitated whether to walk into the alley, or make the usual way to school. Finally I decided to come in. I walked cautiously through the alley and light my way with a flashlight in my hand. In the middle of the lane I saw an old door on the left, full of moss.

The door seemed to be at least 100 years old. I looked at the door for a few moments, and suddenly I heard the sound of something breaking inside. I immediately ran toward the exit from the dark, frightening alley, terrified of the event.

I’ll never stand by that door again, it makes me feel bad…”.”

I continued walking towards my school and it turned out that I had just arrived at the bell ring.

The day passed very quickly, and I had physics and philosophy lessons, that were quite boring.

When I got home it was getting dark, but in London it was getting dark early in the winter. I got home, thinking about the morning’s event. I tried to think What shattered , why it was specifically when I passed by the door and many thoughts and questions without an answer came to my mind. The sound of the shattered thing sounded like glass, but I was not sure. I wrote a few questions to remember and some theories I thought can be probably possible . After a while of thinking about the event, I decided to went to sleep and think about what that voice was.

I came to school, and Stephanie welcomed me. I forgot to tell you, but Stephanie is my girlfriend. I met her in eighth grade, and since then we are the best friends.

“”Ed, what happened?-

“No, I’m just thinking about something that happened to me yesterday on the way to school…”

What happened yesterday on the way to school??” “-

Throughout the school the bell rang and I needed to return to my classroom. “I’ll tell you at the end of this day, see you!”

The lesson was as boring as usual, and I thought of  the questions that came to my mind last night. “… What exactly was shattered? .. Who was behind the door? ….” And more and more.

Finally the lesson was over and the bell rang. I met Stephanie at the entrance of the school and told her about how I passed the door in the dark alley and suddenly heard a shattered sound.

-“Strange … I suggest that we may go and check out this strange story together on Saturday, so it will not come out on a school day and think it will be better that we both go there and not just you alone, Ed…”

Every day we thought about ideas about how we would do it. We planned to go with equipment like a flashlight, a knife, a pocket knife and a hacking  rod if necessary. On Tuesday we had history, humanities, mathematics lessons and some other subjects.

In the Humanities lesson, the teacher told us about antique folk tales of from  Middle Ages. Most of the lesson was pretty boring, but to the folk tale I listened curiously. It turns out that the source of the folk tale is from medieval Germany, and the folk tale was passed down from generation to generation orally.

The folk tale tells that one day, a man named Frederick Üllenstein found a special sapphire stone near a small village in northern Germany. Frederick was a rich man who came to visit his grandfather who lived in this village. He found the stone next to his grandfather’s house, and as expected from a wealthy man, he took the stone to the jeweler and made a pendant from it. The stone was polished especially for him in the shape of a triangle. Over the years, Mr. Frederick drank more and more wine, and he became drunk. He had lost almost all of his money, and his relatives had stopped approaching him.

The folk tale actually tells us that this man actually built a temple that is somehow connected to the pendant and whoever finds the pendant, the pendant will lead him to the temple through ciphers and other ways. “This is all the information we have today about this folk tale, because you know, this folk tale was passed just orally …” And so the teacher finished the lesson.

I told the whole story to Stephanie (we were not in the same class) and she was very impressed.

-“A really interesting folk tale …. I wish I could be there with you in the same class to hear it from the teacher…” she sighed.

“It’s not so bad, Stefie, we meet each other so many times …” and I held her hand.

The next day the two of us went to school together, and today the school day passed as usual. We met each other during the break to be just  together. In the last few days the autumn had come and it was gray and cold outside. Autumn is always cold in London, it rains frequently and sometimes even hail.

On that day the wind blew, along with the fears of the event.

 

*******

2
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content