The Greedy King by Faten Yousef - Illustrated by Faten - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Greedy King

by

Artwork: Faten

  • Joined Dec 2020
  • Published Books 1
Once upon a time there was a king lived in his Kingdom. King Midas was a very greedy king. Even though he was very rich he always craved for more and more gold.
One day, he called his court magician and commanded, Find me a spell that can get me more treasures than I already have.” The magician said, “Your majesty, I can give you a power that no one else in this world has.
2

When asked to wish for something, Midas says “I wish everything I touch turns to gold”. Although Dionysus knew it was not a great idea, he granted Midas his wish.

Happy that his wish was granted, Midas went around touching random things in the garden and his palace and turned them all into gold. He touched an apple, and it turned into a shiny gold apple. His subjects were astonished but happy to see so much gold in the palace.

4
The Greedy King by Faten Yousef - Illustrated by Faten - Ourboox.com

In his happiness, Midas went and hugged his daughter, and before he realized, he turned her into a lifeless, golden statue! Aghast, Midas ran back to the garden and called for Dionysus. He begged the god to take away his power and save his daughter. Dionysus gives Midas a solution to change everything back to how it was before the wish. Midas learned his lesson and lived the rest of his life contended with what he had.

6
The Greedy King by Faten Yousef - Illustrated by Faten - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content