WATER by WATER  - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

WATER

  • Joined Apr 2020
  • Published Books 1

2

Mentor teachers in the project

1-Hasan KARABACAK -Turkey

2-ANA ROSA FLÓREZ GONZÁLEZ – Spain 

3-DONIKA LICI – Albania 

4-Eleonora Burnete – Romania 

5-Francesca Martini – Italy 

6-Gloria Borda Romero – Spain 

7-Maria Luisa Protasoni -Italy 

8-Zeliha Kale – Turkey 

9-Ürün UNCU -Turkey 

3

About the Project

About the Project
*Every country has different cultures about water.
*It would be interesting to collect stories, myths, songs and pictures about it.
*The “Water” project aims to highlight the importance of water in daily life since ancient times.
students collect information about:
*The importance of water for living things (people, animals, forests, plants)
* Rivers, seas, lakes around us. Introduction of the river, lake and sea in each partner country
* Great geographical discoveries, water as a way
* Water-giving substance.
*Water cycle.
* Water resources and literatüre
* Water traditions, myths, water and religion
* Protection of water resources
* Water pollutionMelting of glaciers, global warming.
4

Targets
The objectives of this project are:
* Increasing knowledge and understanding of the importance of water for life
* to improve students’ awareness of their environment
* develop students’ awareness of song and literature, myths, legends, and water-related traditions.The importance of water, water pollution, melting of glaciers, global warming issues to raise awareness of students.
* Students can be more confident when using new communication technologies (ICT)
*Make new friends
*Students’ democratic participation can teach them what “active citizenship anlama means: cooperation, tolerance, responsibility, finding solutions.
* Students will learn more about their national culture and traditions and other European cultures.

.

5

Operation time
*The teacher shows students the tools to be used.
*Students work in small groupsStudents in small groups form the country team. *Creates mixed country teams from country teams.
*Guiding counselors to country teams and mixed country teams.
* The whole class chooses the best jobs, assembles single parts and creates the project book.
*The task sharing will be explained in detail in the pages and plan of the project.
*The work continues until June 2020.
6

Expected results
Project book will be created.

 

7

 

What is Water Pollution?
Water is a miraculous blessing impossible to obtain artificially in natural resources.

In terms of general world resources, it is clear that the scarcity of efficient water resources should be more sensitive to water and protection of water resources.

In other words, the destruction and pollution of water resources is not like other sources, for example, the decrease or disappearance of oil. The disappearance of water will mean the extinction of human life.

In nature there is a natural cycle called the water cycle. Each year, a certain amount of water evaporates, and the evaporating water drops in the same amount of rain to various parts of the world. It purifies the water of the giant and provides feeding of fresh water resources.

Since polluting the water will mean to contaminate the evaporating water, the rains will become acid rain. This means that water resources will become unusable and rain will kill the soil.

The effective use of surface and groundwater resources is protected by these resources.

Not only the fresh water, but also the polluting of the sea waters, disrupts the whole natural movement and threatens the life.

Unlike the known, the oxygen balance in the air is possible with the presence of microscopic organisms that make up the nitrogen in the seas.

Forests make a very small contribution to this translation.

Pollution of the seas, extinction of species of living species means the destruction of land life.

It is the main duty of the states that the programs, which will increase the sensitivity in people, and the trainings to be made in continuous repetitions all over the world and to bring this into society as a culture.

It is very important that the studies, audits and laws are performed more and more in these subjects.

Causes and Solutions of Water Pollution
Industry, industry and household waste pollute our continuous drinking water resources. Disposal of industrial wastes, sewage wastes, water used for agricultural purposes as chemicals and toxic wastes, filling of rivers and lakes with chemical wastes, the resources consuming the river and lake beds should be consumed rapidly.

It is important to take advantage of the natural conditions of the seas and to use the technology for the protection of this life. Protection of seas used in many areas, from transportation to nutrition and transportation means protection of land-dwelling animals from there.

It is important to ensure the treatment, distillation and filtration of wastes released to the seas or fresh water resources.

In particular, it is important to control or recycle as much as possible the products produced based on petroleum and petroleum products, to distillate, to treat them and to release them in a controlled manner.

It is necessary to accelerate the investments that will focus on the studies of the natural treatment of water from bacteria, viruses and sports and fungus.

Contamination with dead animals and plant waste should be prevented. It is necessary to prohibit the use of chemicals used in various industries or to focus on the use of alternative natural products.

For example, the use of heavy chemicals, such as cyanide used in gold exploration, other heavy industrial wastes, which are difficult to remove, arsenic, phenol, chromium, cadmium, etc., must be controlled very strictly.

Domestic and chemical waste oils, heavy industrial oils, fatty acids, substances should be prevented from mixing into the water. Use of natural detergents instead of synthetic detergents should be encouraged.

Nuclear waste should not be buried in the sea or in the soil. Use of natural fertilizers instead of artificial fertilizers should be encouraged.

When the thermal power plants are installed, the heated liquid with a waste that has a waste should be inspected and cleared of threats to destroy the vitality.

In order to develop energy models that will be derived from solar and wind power, which is an alternative energy source, more investments and resources should be allocated.

When continuous monitoring of the natural spring waters, the density, pollution, concentration, hardness, mineral and anaerobic conditions of the water should be continuously measured, a solution should be produced and the necessary measures should be taken immediately.

Water basins should not be allowed to be located at least 30 km.

 

8

NUM

BER

AC

TI

VI

TI

ES

WEB

2.00

VEHICLE

NAME

CON

NECT

ION

1 survey  

mentimenter

 

https://www.

mentimeter.com/

2 survey polleverywhere  

https://www.

polleverywhere.com/

3 survey kwiksurveys  

https://

kwiksurveys.com/

4 digital board creation tools padlet  

https://

tr.padlet.com/

5 digital board creation tools netboard  

https://

netboard.me/

6 digital board creation tools linoit  

http://

en.linoit.com/

7 tools for creating banners and posters canva  

https://www.

canva.com/

8 tools for creating banners and posters postermywall  

https://www.

postermywall.com/

9 tools for creating banners and posters piktochart  

https://

piktochart.

com/

10 tools for creating banners and posters infogram  

https://

infogram.com/

11 tools for creating banners and posters picmonkey  

https://www.

picmonkey.com/

12 tools for creating banners and posters esael.ly  

https://www.

easel.ly/

13 tools for creating banners and posters lockposters  

https://www.

blockposters.com/

14 photo and image editing tools pixiz  

https://

tr.pixiz.com/

15 photo and image editing tools pizap  

https://www.

pizap.com/

16 photo and image editing tools piccollage  

https://

piccollage.com/

17 photo and image editing tools imagechef  

http://www.

imagechef.com

18 photo and image editing tools paly. google  

https://play.

google.com/

store/apps/

 

19 photo and image editing tools glitterfy  

http://www.

glitterfy.com/

20 avatar making tools voki  

https://www.

voki.com/

21 avatar making tools bitmoji  

https://www.

bitmoji.com/

22 avatar making tools avachara  

https://avachara.

com/

23 avatar making tools blabberize  

https://blabberize.

com/

24 avatar making tools facaii  

http://en.

faceii.com/

25 video editing tools kizoa  

https://tr.

kizoa.com/

26 video editing tools animota  

https://animoto.

com/

27 video editing tools wevideo  

https://www.

wevideo.com/

28 Word Cloud wordart  

https://wordart.

com/

29 Interactive Video Preparation Tool edpuzzle  

https://edpuzzle.

com/

30 Interactive Video Preparation Tool hihaho  

https://www.

hihaho.com/

31 Free and Royalty Free Images pixabay  

https://pixabay.

com/tr/

32 Free and Royalty Free Images pexels  

https://www.

pexels.com/

33 Free and Royalty Free Images unsplash  

https://

unsplash.com/

34 Game Making Tools classtools  

http://www.

classtools.net/

35 Game Making Tools wordwall  

https://wordwall.

net/tr

36 Game Making Tools plippity  

https://

flippity.net/

37 Game Making Tools learninggapps  

https://

learningapps.org/

38 Game Making Tools proprofs  

https://www.

proprofs.com/

39 Game Making Tools cram  

https://www.

cram.com/

40 Game Making Tools jeopardy  

https://www.

jeopardy.com/

41 Game Making Tools quizlet  

https://

quizlet.com/tr

 

42 Game Making Tools toolsforeducators  

https://www.

toolsforeducators.

com/

43 Content Tools genial.ly

 

 

https://www.

genial.ly/

44 Content Tools thinkglink  

https://www.

thinglink.com/

45 Content Tools emaze  

https://www.

emaze.com/

46 Content Tools prezi  

https://

prezi.com/

47 Content Tools wakalet  

https://

wakelet.com/

48 Content Tools classtools  

http://www.

classtools.net/

49 Whiteboard Applications sketcboard  

https://

sketchboard.io/

50 Whiteboard Applications notebookcast  

https://

www.

notebookcast.

com/

51 e-Book Tools joomag  

https://www.

joomag.com/

52 e-Book Tools issuu  

https://

issuu.com/

53 e-Book Tools calameo  

https://www.

calameo.com/

54 e-Book Tools madmagz  

https://

madmagz.com/

55 e-Book Tools ourboox  

https://www.

ourboox.com/

56 e-Book Tools mystorybook  

https://www.

mystorybook.

com/

57 e-Book Tools storyjumper  

https://www.

storyjumper.com/

58 Quiz Tools kahoot  

https://

kahoot.com/

59 Quiz Tools guizizz  

https://

quizizz.com/

60 Quiz Tools triventy  

http://www.

triventy.com/

61 Quiz Tools gimkit  

https://www.

gimkit.com/

62 Quiz Tools socrative  

https://

socrative.com/

63 Cartoon Making Tools pixton  

https://www.

pixton.com/

64 Cartoon Making Tools toonytool  

https://www.

toonytool.com/

65 Animasyan Production Tools powtoon  

https://www.

powtoon.com/

66 Animasyan Production Tools biteable  

https://

biteable.com/

67 Animasyan Production Tools powtoon  

https://www.

powtoon.com/

68 Animasyan Production Tools renderforest  

https://www.

renderforest.

com/tr/

69 Tools for Concept Maps mindmeister  

https://

www.

mindmeister.

com/

70 Tools for Concept Maps popplet  

https://

popplet.

com/

71 Tools for Concept Maps goconqr  

https://

www.

goconqr.

com/

72 Collaborative writing meetingword  

http://

meeting

words.

com/

73 Blog and Website Creation Tools weebly  

https://www.

weebly.com/

74 Blog and Website Creation Tools wordpress  

https://tr.

wordpress.

org/

75 Blog and Website Creation Tools blogger  

https://www.

blogger.com/

 

9

Number Subject Explanation Date
1- Start of the

project

 

     Turkey -Spain

Italy,Albania,Romania      

25.08.2019
2-

Project

Plan

The plan will be prepared with democratic participation. opinions from students and teachers 25.10.2019
3- Who are you? Students and teachers will introduce themselves. 20.12.2019
4- Parental Permitions Get permission from the student parents. Please show in the project. 20.11.2019
5-

 

Survey preliminary survey.surveys will be conducted with the project. A survey will be conducted at the beginning and end of the project. 10.06.2020
6- Instructions

and Task

Sharing

Task sharing will be done. 20.10.2019
7-

 

Our Schools,

Our City and Hometows

School, city, country will be introduced. Can be made continuously.
8-

 

Logo Logos will be made by students and teachers. 25.11.2019
9- Transnational

Project Teams

International teams will be established. 10.11.2019
10-

Water Resources Around Us and Importance of Water Resources

water at home, at school, around us.

In the first part of our project, international teams will work.

importance of the water for the life; look for some information and presentation video?  short story?

water cycle, the importance of water cycle

Look information about rivers, lakes and sea around each partner’s country. Possibility of taking photos of all of them and present them making tool web 2.0

Great geographical discoveries, look for information

 

15.12.2019
11-

Importance of Water in the Cultures

In the second part of our project, international teams will work.

world water day events (22th March)

water and literature,

water and religion,

water and music, water and life

protection of water resources, creating slogan with water.

05.02.2020
12-

2th Transnational Project Teams

International teams will be established. 08.02.2020
13-

 

Say Stop the Global Warming, the Drought and the Climate Change

In the second part of our project, international teams will work.

water pollution; ways to avoid it. Sensibilization campaign to keep clean the water

melting of glaciers, global warmingincrease of seas, decrease of clean water resources.

Creation of ebook (we can start it before of course)

30.05.2019
14- Water Common Product The joint product of the project will be made. 10.06.2020
15- Virtual Meeting Online interviews will be held. Can be made continuously
16- Water Website The project’s website will be made. It will be constantly updated.
17- Project Promotion Project dissemination will be made. It’s going to be done all the time.
18- eBook – video ebook will be written. 30.05.2020
19- FINAL EVALUATION Make a Final Evaluation 30.06.2020
20-  

Quality Labels

Applications will be made for Quality Label. It will be published 2020-2021

Note:Exhibiton and dissemination: e-book, photos, logos,slogans,vídeos, powerpoints, posters, leaflets, events will be placed in the sections of the pages of the project.

We liken our project to a river. We divided it into three sections: spring, waterfall, sea. Water Resources, importance of water, waterways, etc. Water in literature, water in religion, water in mythology, water in music etc. In the marine section, we will study global warming and water resources depletion. We will establish intercultural communication.

10

Who are you?

 

11

Who are you?

12

13

Parental Permitions

All of our project partner teachers received

family permit documents.

 

 

 

14

Survey

 

Surveys were conducted at the beginning and end of the project.

 

https://www.storyjumper.com/book/showframe/82895135/5eb1de9a3bed0

 

15

Instructions and Task Sharing

Task sharing was made between teachers for the project. The tasks we will do individually and collectively are determined.

 

Subject Comments
Editing pages and forums part of the project Hasan KARABACAK,

ANA ROSA FLÓREZ GONZÁLEZ

Project website Ürün UNCU,

Maria Luisa Protasoni, Francesca Martini

Opening a closed fesbook group and directing work, providing communication  

Gloria Borda,

Burnete Eleonora

Project Whatsapp Group All teachers will contribute
Language Skills Zeliha KALE,

Maria Luisa Protasoni, Francesca Martini

webinar editing, chat activities All teachers will contribute
Answergarden Donika Lici
Games Donika Lici,

 

 

16

Logos and Evaluation

 

The logo studies of the project were made.

https://youtu.be/o7uN1f5ABlA

 

18

1th Transnational Project Teams

Mixed country teams were formed.

Find out which team you’re on. Vote for the team name poll.

TEAMS MIXED COUNTRY

TEAM STUDENTS

TEAM NAMES  GUIDE TEACHER
 

TEAM 1

  • IT B adele R
  • TEODORA GHEORGHIU
  • TRPIKtolga E.
  • ES E Mohamed B boy
  • TR.MEH.Fadime Gülsüm Ş.
  • TR.I.Ü.GÖKSENİL A.
  • SP Carolina ArturoG
  • TR.MEH.Ramazan H.
  • TR.MEH.Ecrin Su G.
  • TRPIKjaden E.
  • TRPIKemir G.
  • TR.MEH.Elif Ecrin Y.
  • TR.I.Ü.TUANA Ö.
  • TR.MEH.Rüzgar A.
  • RO.S. OKTAY AMET
  • Insi Halili
  • IT.C.Daniel B
  • SP Carolina BelénP
  • TRSEce B.
  • SP Carolina HelenaS
  • ES E Alvaro B boy
  • RO.S ELIZIAN G
  • SP Carolina MartaP
  • it.c.vittoria g
  • TR.MEH.Cemre Nur H.
  • IT B linda D
  • TR.MEH.Rüveyda Ecrin B.
  • ES E Mateo H boy
  • TRPIKaras G.
  • RO.S STEFI NICOLAE
  • it.c.diego p
  • IT B malika E
  • RO.S Alexandra L
  • RO.S IOANA S
  • ALIDA SINAMATI
  • SP Carolina NoeliaM
  • TR.MEH.Ecrin Bilgesu T.
  • SP Carolina CristinaB
  • TR.MEH.Yaşar Kıvılcım Y.
  • RO. S IANIS Mısır
  • ES E Ianire F girl
  • SP Carolina CarlaV
  • TR.I.Ü.MEHMET ALP D.
  • ES Jaime G boy
  • TR.MEH.Emine K.
  • IT B francesco P
  • ES E Marco A boy
  • TR.MEH.M.Emir Ç.
  • SP Carolina LauraR
  • SP Carolina SandraS
  • TR.I.Ü.HAKKI BARAN K.
  • TRPIKellis K.
  • TR.MEH.Adasu T.
  • SP Carolina LuisM
  • TRSHiranur Y.
  • IT B cristina D
  • RO. S. LORENA T
  • TR.I.Ü.SUDE Y.
  • TRPIKecearzum U.
  • TRPIKbade G.
  • IT A Serena T
  • IT.C.Beatrice T
  • TR.MEH.Emine Naz Ç.
  • TRPIKderin A.

Water

Ambassadors Team

Hasan KARABACAK

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DONIKA LICI

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eleonora Burnete

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TEAM 2

  • TRPIKyağmur D.
  • SP Carolina VictorN
  • TR.MEH.Ecrin İ.
  • RO. S CĂTĂLINA S
  • RO.S GABRIEL C
  • TR.MEH.Altan Emre Y.
  • es.e.lara f.girl
  • es.e.arturo g.boy
  • TR.MEH.Emirhan Ş.
  • TR.I.Ü.NİL G.
  • TRPIKmelis D.
  • RO. S. Diana N
  • TR.MEH.Ahmet B.
  • Francesca Martini
  • IT A Diego A
  • TR.I.Ü.HANDE SELEN Ü.
  • SP Carolina SandraV
  • TR.MEH.Yiğit T.
  • RO. S. STEFI Nicolae
  • IT.C.Alessia B
  • TR.I.Ü.MERT URKAY B.
  • es.e.sofia g.girl
  • IT A Romilda B
  • RO. S DRAGOȘ S
  • TRPIKecrin O.
  • TR.I.Ü.KUTALP Ç.
  • SP Carolina JuliánP
  • TRPIKabdi O.
  • TR.MEH.Efsa Beyza G.
  • SARA TANUCI
  • ES E Hector A boy
  • RO. S IONUȚ R
  • RO.S. GIUVARA MUSTAFA
  • TR.MEH.Erdal Ege A
  • TRSIrem T.
  • TR.MEH.Emine Nisa Y.
  • TR.MEH.Ceylin Y.
  • TR.I.Ü.ARDA M.
  • SP Carolina AmaliaG
  • TR.MEH.Sena A.
  • TR.I.Ü.MEHMET ALİ O.
  • SP Carolina ManuelO
  • SP Carolina ElsaM
  • RO. S SImona S
  • KEJSI ZEKA
  • TR.I.Ü.NAZ E.
  • IT.C.marta B
  • RO. S BIANCA Serban
  • RO.S. PETRU BENCHEA
  • TR.MEH.Ayşe O.
  • SP Carolina CarolinaM
  • Florian Barbu
  • SP Carolina LourdesM
  • ES Sofia G girl
  • ES E Cristian F boy
  • TR.MEH.Tuba Erva Ç.
  • TR.MEH.Derin D.
  • TRPIKmeryem H.
  • TR.MEH.Sefa B.
  • TR.MEH.Zeliha Berra E.
  • RO.S. DARIUS DUMA
  • SP Carolina RaulM
  • it.c.beatrice b
  • RO.S MARIA T
  • IT A Beatrice B
  • TRPIKkerem Ç.

 

 

Water Team

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ürün UNCU

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ANA

ROSA

FLÓ

REZ

GON

ZÁLEZ

 

 

 

 

Gloria

Borda

Romero

 

TEAM 3  

  • SP Carolina CristinaF
  • TR.I.Ü.TUNA NAZLI D.
  • INA HOXHA
  • TR.I.Ü.BERK Ç.
  • IT.C.Simone C
  • es.e.jaime g.boy
  • TRPIKselin D.
  • RO.S TEODORA G
  • SP Carolina CrinaS
  • es.e.marina f.girl
  • TR.MEH.Eylül Ç.
  • SP Carolina RubenB
  • RO.S MARIO D
  • es.e.tatiana d.girl
  • SP Carolina FranciscoH
  • TR.MEH.Defne Hicaz C.
  • TR.MEH.Büşra Beren K.
  • RO.S OCTAVIAN G
  • IT B erica G
  • IT B sharon C
  • IT B marialuisa B
  • IT B silvia C
  • TR.MEH.Ecrin D.
  • SP Carolina ClaraG
  • SP Carolina TeresaB
  • SP Carolina CristinaM
  • IT.C.elena A
  • RO.S.ANA MARIA SIROCA
  • TR.MEH.Ceylin A.
  • SP Carolina AntoniaD
  • TR.MEH.Yiğit T.
  • SP Carolina EstherV
  • TRPIKnergis D.
  • RO.S LUCIANA UNGUREANU
  • SP Carolina MaríaE
  • TR.MEH.Eymen T.
  • TR.MEH.Hüseyin Hamza D.
  • IT B sofia C
  • IT B lucjano L
  • TRPIKtufan B.
  • ES E Fabrizio E boy
  • RO.S. ANDREEA CABASON
  • RO.S MARIA SCRIPCARU
  • SP Carolina MaraG
  • TR.I.Ü.VICTORIA M.
  • RO. S ANA B
  • SP Carolina MarS
  • TR.I.Ü.ASYA A.
  • RO. S. Carla M
  • ES E Alexandra J girl
  • SP Carolina MaríaP
  • artens lelaj
  • TR.MEH.Gülser Ü.
  • IT A Riccardo G
  • SP Carolina MariR
  • TR.I.Ü.MİRAY B.
  • Emi Halili
  • TRSFeride A.
  • IT B mattia M
  • Selena Rada
  • ES E Marina F girl
  • ES E Paula A girl
  • TRPIKtufan B.
  • TR.MEH.Gülser U.
 

Bue world Team

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maria Luisa Prota

soni

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Zeliha Kale

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fran

cesca Martini

.

 

 

https://tr.surveymonkey.com/r/SHBXKT5

 

 

19

A survey was created for the names of the teams.

Three mixed country teams will be established. What’s the name of mixed country teams? Would you please vote?

Water Ambassadors Team

26 votes (32.91%)

Rivers Team

2 votes (2.53%)

Water Team

16 votes (20.25%)

Bue world Team

9 votes (11.39%)

Waterfalls Team

7 votes (8.86%)

Oceans Team

8 votes (10.13%)

Seas Team

3 votes (3.80%)

Glaciers Team

8 votes (10.13%)
20

Water Resources Around Us and Importance of Water Resources

 

 

 

 

21

22

23

Find out which team you’re on. Vote for the team name poll.

TEAMS MIXED COUNTRY TEAM STUDENTS TEAM NAMES  GUIDE TEACHER
 

TEAM 1

  • IT B adele R
  • TEODORA GHEORGHIU
  • TRPIKtolga E.
  • ES E Mohamed B boy
  • TR.MEH.Fadime Gülsüm Ş.
  • TR.I.Ü.GÖKSENİL A.
  • SP Carolina ArturoG
  • TR.MEH.Ramazan H.
  • TR.MEH.Ecrin Su G.
  • TRPIKjaden E.
  • TRPIKemir G.
  • TR.MEH.Elif Ecrin Y.
  • TR.I.Ü.TUANA Ö.
  • TR.MEH.Rüzgar A.
  • RO.S. OKTAY AMET
  • Insi Halili
  • IT.C.Daniel B
  • SP Carolina BelénP
  • TRSEce B.
  • SP Carolina HelenaS
  • ES E Alvaro B boy
  • RO.S ELIZIAN G
  • SP Carolina MartaP
  • it.c.vittoria g
  • TR.MEH.Cemre Nur H.
  • IT B linda D
  • TR.MEH.Rüveyda Ecrin B.
  • ES E Mateo H boy
  • TRPIKaras G.
  • RO.S STEFI NICOLAE
  • it.c.diego p
  • IT B malika E
  • RO.S Alexandra L
  • RO.S IOANA S
  • ALIDA SINAMATI
  • SP Carolina NoeliaM
  • TR.MEH.Ecrin Bilgesu T.
  • SP Carolina CristinaB
  • TR.MEH.Yaşar Kıvılcım Y.
  • RO. S IANIS Mısır
  • ES E Ianire F girl
  • SP Carolina CarlaV
  • TR.I.Ü.MEHMET ALP D.
  • ES Jaime G boy
  • TR.MEH.Emine K.
  • IT B francesco P
  • ES E Marco A boy
  • TR.MEH.M.Emir Ç.
  • SP Carolina LauraR
  • SP Carolina SandraS
  • TR.I.Ü.HAKKI BARAN K.
  • TRPIKellis K.
  • TR.MEH.Adasu T.
  • SP Carolina LuisM
  • TRSHiranur Y.
  • IT B cristina D
  • RO. S. LORENA T
  • TR.I.Ü.SUDE Y.
  • TRPIKecearzum U.
  • TRPIKbade G.
  • IT A Serena T
  • IT.C.Beatrice T
  • TR.MEH.Emine Naz Ç.
  • TRPIKderin A.

Water

Ambassadors Team

Hasan KARABACAK

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DONIKA LICI

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eleonora Burnete

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TEAM 2

  • TRPIKyağmur D.
  • SP Carolina VictorN
  • TR.MEH.Ecrin İ.
  • RO. S CĂTĂLINA S
  • RO.S GABRIEL C
  • TR.MEH.Altan Emre Y.
  • es.e.lara f.girl
  • es.e.arturo g.boy
  • TR.MEH.Emirhan Ş.
  • TR.I.Ü.NİL G.
  • TRPIKmelis D.
  • RO. S. Diana N
  • TR.MEH.Ahmet B.
  • Francesca Martini
  • IT A Diego A
  • TR.I.Ü.HANDE SELEN Ü.
  • SP Carolina SandraV
  • TR.MEH.Yiğit T.
  • RO. S. STEFI Nicolae
  • IT.C.Alessia B
  • TR.I.Ü.MERT URKAY B.
  • es.e.sofia g.girl
  • IT A Romilda B
  • RO. S DRAGOȘ S
  • TRPIKecrin O.
  • TR.I.Ü.KUTALP Ç.
  • SP Carolina JuliánP
  • TRPIKabdi O.
  • TR.MEH.Efsa Beyza G.
  • SARA TANUCI
  • ES E Hector A boy
  • RO. S IONUȚ R
  • RO.S. GIUVARA MUSTAFA
  • TR.MEH.Erdal Ege A
  • TRSIrem T.
  • TR.MEH.Emine Nisa Y.
  • TR.MEH.Ceylin Y.
  • TR.I.Ü.ARDA M.
  • SP Carolina AmaliaG
  • TR.MEH.Sena A.
  • TR.I.Ü.MEHMET ALİ O.
  • SP Carolina ManuelO
  • SP Carolina ElsaM
  • RO. S SImona S
  • KEJSI ZEKA
  • TR.I.Ü.NAZ E.
  • IT.C.marta B
  • RO. S BIANCA Serban
  • RO.S. PETRU BENCHEA
  • TR.MEH.Ayşe O.
  • SP Carolina CarolinaM
  • Florian Barbu
  • SP Carolina LourdesM
  • ES Sofia G girl
  • ES E Cristian F boy
  • TR.MEH.Tuba Erva Ç.
  • TR.MEH.Derin D.
  • TRPIKmeryem H.
  • TR.MEH.Sefa B.
  • TR.MEH.Zeliha Berra E.
  • RO.S. DARIUS DUMA
  • SP Carolina RaulM
  • it.c.beatrice b
  • RO.S MARIA T
  • IT A Beatrice B
  • TRPIKkerem Ç.

 

 

Water Team

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ürün UNCU

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ANA ROSA

FLÓREZ GONZÁLEZ

 

 

 

 

Gloria

Borda

Romero

 

TEAM 3  

  • SP Carolina CristinaF
  • TR.I.Ü.TUNA NAZLI D.
  • INA HOXHA
  • TR.I.Ü.BERK Ç.
  • IT.C.Simone C
  • es.e.jaime g.boy
  • TRPIKselin D.
  • RO.S TEODORA G
  • SP Carolina CrinaS
  • es.e.marina f.girl
  • TR.MEH.Eylül Ç.
  • SP Carolina RubenB
  • RO.S MARIO D
  • es.e.tatiana d.girl
  • SP Carolina FranciscoH
  • TR.MEH.Defne Hicaz C.
  • TR.MEH.Büşra Beren K.
  • RO.S OCTAVIAN G
  • IT B erica G
  • IT B sharon C
  • IT B marialuisa B
  • IT B silvia C
  • TR.MEH.Ecrin D.
  • SP Carolina ClaraG
  • SP Carolina TeresaB
  • SP Carolina CristinaM
  • IT.C.elena A
  • RO.S.ANA MARIA SIROCA
  • TR.MEH.Ceylin A.
  • SP Carolina AntoniaD
  • TR.MEH.Yiğit T.
  • SP Carolina EstherV
  • TRPIKnergis D.
  • RO.S LUCIANA UNGUREANU
  • SP Carolina MaríaE
  • TR.MEH.Eymen T.
  • TR.MEH.Hüseyin Hamza D.
  • IT B sofia C
  • IT B lucjano L
  • TRPIKtufan B.
  • ES E Fabrizio E boy
  • RO.S. ANDREEA CABASON
  • RO.S MARIA SCRIPCARU
  • SP Carolina MaraG
  • TR.I.Ü.VICTORIA M.
  • RO. S ANA B
  • SP Carolina MarS
  • TR.I.Ü.ASYA A.
  • RO. S. Carla M
  • ES E Alexandra J girl
  • SP Carolina MaríaP
  • artens lelaj
  • TR.MEH.Gülser Ü.
  • IT A Riccardo G
  • SP Carolina MariR
  • TR.I.Ü.MİRAY B.
  • Emi Halili
  • TRSFeride A.
  • IT B mattia M
  • Selena Rada
  • ES E Marina F girl
  • ES E Paula A girl
  • TRPIKtufan B.
  • TR.MEH.Gülser U.

Bue world Team

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maria Luisa Protasoni

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Zeliha Kale

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Francesca Martini

.

 

24

Water Resources Around Us and Importance of Water Resources

 

 

 

25

 

26

27

28

29

30

32

33

34

Fresh water resources in numbers – Italy

In Italy 100% of the urban population and 97% of the rural population have access to water.

70% of the population has access to sanitation. Water supply is becoming a social and economic emergency in some isles and in some regions in the South of the country.

About 70% of the underground resources is localized in the large flood plains of northern Italy. There is a dreat difference in water distribution between northern and southern parts of the country and the reduction trend caused by the concurrent decrease in precipitation and increase in evaporation and water utilization.

The expected impacts of climate change on water resources across southern European regions include further reductions in quantity, quality and availability, with increasing frequency and intensity of droughts, especially in summer. In particular, an increasing frequency and severity of river flow droughts could occur, with annual river flow decline and possible summer water flows reduction by up to 80%. Also, groundwater recharge shows a declining trend, with consequent shrinking of fresh groundwater resources, especially in coastal areas.

In many parts of Italy, particularly in the south, it has become ever more difficult to meet demand for water. The recent years of drought and the constant increase of water demand for the civil sector have made irrigation supply more problematic. Wastewater reuse could represent a viable solution to meet water demand. Several projects on wastewater reuse are currently in progress.

35

People get fresh water from different sources. Two of the most common sources of fresh water are surface water and groundwater. Surface water is found on the surface of Earth in lakes, rivers, and streams. Groundwater is located deep underground in rock layers called aquifers.
To withdraw groundwater from aquifers, people must pump it out of the ground through wells. Despite this challenge, groundwater is a more reliable source of water than surface water in some regions. For example, rivers, lakes, and other sources of surface water can dry up during a drought. But even during a drought, groundwater is often still available.
36

Due to its geological structure, surface and groundwater reserves are scarce in the settlements (Menteşe, Milas, Marmaris, Datça, Bodrum, Yatağan and Kavaklıdere) in the northern part of Muğla. In addition to having difficulties in supplying high quality water to the present population, the population of tourism districts such as Fethiye, Bodrum, Datça and Marmaris increases 2-3 times its population as it is one of the places that attract the most tourists in the summer months. Considering the insufficiency of the existing investments and the fact that the water is polluted by human beings, there are difficulties in supplying quality drinking and potable water and reaching the water.

37

Water resources are sources of water that are useful or potentially useful to humans. It is important because it is needed for life to exist. Many uses of water include agricultural, industrial, household, recreational and environmental activities. Virtually all of these human uses require fresh water. Only 2.5% of water on the Earth is fresh water, and over two thirds of this is frozen in glaciers and polar ice caps.

38

We already know that three-fourth of the earth’s surface is covered with water, but only a small proportion of it accounts for fresh water that can be used.2. This fresh water is mainly obtained from surface run off and ground water that is continually being renewed and recharged through the hydrological cycle.3. All water moves within the hydrological cycle ensuring that water is a renewable resour

39

40

 

41

EVALUATION

 

43

We provided trainings on the use of the web 2.00 tools.

45

46

47

 

48

50

51

52

53

54

 

55

56

57

58

59

60

61

62

63

64

WATER CULTURE

The resort is located in the southwestern part of Romania,
at an altitude of 168 m, 8 km away from the border with
Mehedinți county and only 25 km from the border with Serbia. Millennial resort mentioned under the Latin name:
“AD AQUAS HERCULIS SACRAS AD MEDIAM”. Natural factors: climate of intramontaneous depression,
with sub-Mediterranean influences, sedative-indifferent;
isothermal and hyperthermic mineral waters (38-60 ° C),
weakly radioactive, hypotonic, with different chemical compositions: sulphurous, chlorinated, calcium, sodium; chlorides, sodium, calcium; oligo.

65

67

68

69

70

71

72

73

WATER

You became water Walking through my bodyAnd now you are my needYou are like water, like waterYou walking through my body and I wanting moreCalmly, calmlyIn my dreams I chase you, I go where you goLike water, like waterYou walking through my body and I wanting moreCalmly, calmlyIn my dreams I chase you, I go where you goNo one has been able to decipher your silhouetteI had never seen such a perfect thingI wanted my soul to feel youBaby babyI crazy to see if your soul answersAnd he tells me he wants to stayI know he wants to kiss me on the mouth and bite meYou want to stayAnd you knowing that with your lips I don’t fear deathAnd you don’t want to kiss me even if you are aware of my limitsYou are like water, like waterYou walking through my body and I wanting moreCalmly, calmlyIn my dreams I chase you, I go where you goLike water, like waterYou walking through my body and I wanting moreCalmly, calmlyIn my dreams I chase you, I go where you goAnd let the moment flowMay passion influenceWhile your body sweatsI under the moonYou deserve that and moreBaby you are art you are not like the othersYou are not like the othersYou are like water, like waterYou walking through my body and I wanting moreCalmly, calmlyIn my dreams I chase you, I go where you goLike water, like waterYou walking through my body and I wanting moreCalmly, calmlyIn my dreams I chase you, I go where you goAnd drop by drop I can’t control myselfI need your lips to be wellAnd although baby I don’t want you to change, if you changeI will still love youAnd I don’t know why I can’t get you out of meBaby, you’re all for meYou are like water, like waterYou walking through my body and I wanting moreCalmly, calmlyIn my dreams I chase you, I go where you goLike water, like waterYou walking through my body and I wanting moreCalmly, calmlyIn my dreams I chase you, I go where you go

74

76

77

78

 

 

79

80

81

82

83

84

 

85

  

 

86

2th Transnational Project Teams

 

 Climate

 

GUIDE TEACHER

Maria Luisa Protasoni

 

ANA ROSA FLÓREZ GONZÁLEZ

 

Ürün UNCU

 

 

 

 

87

 

 Renewable energy

 

GUIDE TEACHER

profile pictureDONIKA LICI

Eleonora Burnete

 

 Zeliha Kale

 

 

88

 Water drop

 

GUIDE TEACHER

profile picture Hasan KARABACAK GUIDE TEACHER

 Gloria Borda Romero

 

 Francesca Martini

89

Say Stop the Global Warming, the Drought and the Climate Change

 

https://youtu.be/sgNUK_AGU5k

https://youtu.be/4kSfdZBBVc8

https://youtu.be/g8LrsMUjAEY

https://youtu.be/W_FIO44k3tQ

https://youtu.be/UkozaPI1R5s

https://youtu.be/kHEhpNbdQiI

https://youtu.be/MlSW6ifiM-0

https://youtu.be/e2XGfepYusA

https://youtu.be/QAlk7SCq0KM

https://youtu.be/NYveW4vzUmg

https://youtu.be/-D_Np-3dVBQ

https://youtu.be/117gOOvcpow

https://youtu.be/gSXOxrjCA40

https://youtu.be/bqVspzy2cTI

https://youtu.be/duM1Zd_GwCM

https://youtu.be/ctCfHf5eGtc

http://62e482c8700cd8fd97a17e6cd6335a06

https://youtu.be/ojid-E96Wvk

https://youtu.be/z7_F4UG75cM

https://youtu.be/91OUNO-XxiM

https://youtu.be/-BBDCSS8VPQ

https://youtu.be/pnLYZGmO2uk

https://youtu.be/yYpJtrCf2-Y

https://youtu.be/fomQ6GjwQ7s

https://youtu.be/tC-3Q7IOlYE

https://youtu.be/yYpJtrCf2-Y

http://7148ac278ad950d2f4f0f39cfd2ebcb1

http://7148ac278ad950d2f4f0f39cfd2ebcb1

https://youtu.be/IUYRb7Zj0e8

https://youtu.be/-BBDCSS8VPQ

https://youtu.be/dEYk4LTZk-Y

https://youtu.be/mniVJ3G4Hzw

http://33cc1481f2f3036fc40948b5069dd02b

https://youtu.be/puQIxaoFJ5I

http://6b34d9b65134d6c2c6cd596cc600b44a

https://youtu.be/RPUG2jSDAIo

http://225d050883059d5db258e9d1144c4136

http://dcc3e4c8a4cb057dea46bd520bd3efcc

https://youtu.be/hFbxjcpyyW4

https://padlet.com/anavasjana/y89lc3sq1hy8

http://21e5438cfbeb6910d2d15ce92860556a

https://youtu.be/z8HQudRTOPo

https://youtu.be/P8MgWJ4xzSo

https://youtu.be/kMv8cH4Ha04

https://youtu.be/V_yCMrs5YTY

https://youtu.be/S8MIDn85oGQ

https://youtu.be/sn8no3k1xaA

https://youtu.be/JRJ69UAiGsM

https://youtu.be/W5m7DczRmzo

https://youtu.be/IhkXYZ0zGtc

https://youtu.be/Bj_PYrSVH6c

https://youtu.be/633ZNr8Gamg

90

91

92

93

94

95

96

97

98

99

100

101

102

103

Climate changes: raise awareness through music
Here in Borzonasca we did a work about this subject a couple of months ago. I’re-posting this here because what we did is directly relevant to the subject.
An Italian singer came out with a song on climate changes last November and we listened very carefully to it and decided to translate the text into English together in order to be able to share it with other nations students.Here you have our translation
GRETA THUNBERG – LO STOMACO TESTO MARRACASH
Right here, right now –    Yeah RIght here, right
I’m an animal rights activist, animalier,  Animal House
I sleep under the stars like a boy scout
The koala became extinct before I ate one
You’ll become extinct before paying your mortgage, ehi
I’m going to have the last party in a bunker, ehi
I’ll invite everybody, Greta Thunberg, too (right now), ehi
From the end of this system, ehi
Until the dawn of a new era
I think that for pollution, recycling
Is not enough, they try (right here)
It’s as if for aging you drank a juice
With avocado and ginger (right here)
I’m sorry that instead of thinking about the ozone hole
I thought about surviving, that I had holes in zone (right here)
I’m destroying my environment, bro, like Rapa Nui (right now)
I am an irresponsible, so pay attention to him, ehi

Chorus:

I can do it, I can do it
Better than my father
I can do it, change
My race is becoming extinct
I can do it, I can do it
Better than my father
I can do it, start over
My race is becoming extinct.
This striking extinction
 It will go a bit like all others (you’ll see, right here)
Rich people will go on Mars
Or on a space station
Normal people will go to war to defend what they have
Things for poor people may not change a lot (right now)
The degrees raise, the level goes down
As if we are approaching hell (wash, right here)
The tragedy is that many people will disappear (ehi, right now)
But we would adapt in the end (ehi, right here)
Hidden in the dark as cockroaches (right now)
In a bunker, as Greta Thumberg told us
I can do it , i can do it
Better than my father
I can do it, change
I Can do it, I can do it
Better than my father
I can do it, start over
My race is becoming extinct
How many people pushing (right here, right now)
I’m choking (right here, right now)
How many people pushing (right here, right now)
I’m choking  (right here, right now)
My race is becoming extinct (right here, right now)
DO YOU LIKE THIS SONG?
You can listen to it on youtube at the link below
104

105

106

107

108

109

110

111

112

113

114

115

 

116

117

118

119

120

121

ARTICLES ABOUT WATER AND CLIMATE CHANGE

 

Team Teachers read Article.

He wrote an article.

The students read the article written by the teacher.

122

CLIMATE CHANGE

The newspaper article

“Textil Water Footprint”, Joan Lluís Ferrer

Author: ANA ROSA FLÓREZ GONZÁLEZ

 

Clothing is the second leading cause of pollution on the planet, to such an extent that in 2015 textile production emitted 1.2 million tons of CO2 into the atmosphere, that is, more than all the ships and planes on the planet emitted that year, according to data from the International Energy Agency.

Besides, : “the consumption of water required by the manufacture of clothing is as brutal as it is unknown.

” For example, making a single pair of jeans requires the same amount of water that a seaplane carries as what wildfires fight: almost 11,000 liters.

A cotton growing field, a plant that c consumes large amounts of water

A simple cotton shirt requires between 1,200 and 4,000 liters of water. It is due to the reasons:

  • cotton is crop that needs a large amount of water
  • the manufacture and production of the garment require a lot of water

During the process , large volume of toxic are also generated. For instance, worldwide the textile industries generates 500,000 tons of microplastic fibers, that end up on the sea

according to data from Ellen MacArthur Foundation and Greenpeace. Of all the plastics in the ocean, a third are microplastics.

Only 15% of collected textile are recycled

84% of discarded clothes are sent to incineration landfill

Fortunately, SOME CHANGES ARE GLIMPSED

The leading clothing manufacturing

companies in the world signed the

“Fashion Pact” this year.

Among the signatories are Inditex, Prada, Giorgi Armani, Caring, Carrefour, Burberrys and Adidas.

In a solemn act in France with the president Emmanuele Macron at the hem, the big brands recognized that the sector is responsible for at least 20% of discharge of wastewater and 10% of carbon emissions into the air.

They commit to three specific objectives:

first, achieve net zero emissions of greenhouse effects by 2050.

Second, protect and restored damaged ecosystems.

And finally, protect the ocean by eliminating single-used plastics by 2030. However, Greenpeace points out that the big brands forget the big problem, that is the recycling of waste.

CHALLENGUE: ONLY IF BIG COMPANIES TAKE PART IN CARING FOR THE ENVIRONMENT, WE CAN GUARANTEE THE LIVES OF

FUTURE GENERATIONS

 

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN: JEANOLOGÍA

Jeanología is a valencian multinational, in which brands like HM or Levi’s trust.

In the design of denim jeans they have achieved a save of 80% of water and 70% of chemicals. For this, they use two technologies: laser and ozone. The laser avoids having to do the stone washing which would waste a large amount of water. Ozone let wash without water and without chemicals to soften the textur

 

123

CLIMATE CHANGE 

THE BOOK “ C’ERA UNA VOLTA IL BOSCO”

( “Once upon a time in the woods” )AUTHOR

Maria Luisa Protasoni ITALY 

 

Paola Favero, forestry, writer and mountaineer, environmental education expert, former commander of the Agordo Forest District and of the Carabinieri Department for Biodiversity of Vittorio Veneto. In addition to 18 books related to the mountains, including children’s stories, naturalistic and mountaineering books

 

Sandro Carniel, oceanographer at the National Research Council ,. Author of over 250 publications and scientific contributions on international sector journals

The book “  Once upon a time in the woods”, published by Hoepli and written by Paola Favero and Sandro

Carniel, with the collaboration of several forest experts. “Corriere delle Alpi is useful for understanding Vaia, its causes and future phenomena that almost certainly they will follow the storm that has never been seen before in our valleys.

CAUSES of the storm

The Vaia storm of 26-30 October 2018 is an event that occurred in the north-east of Italy (almost essentially affecting the mountain area) following a strong disturbance of Atlantic origin which led to persistent rains on the region starting from 26 October 2018 , in the context of the wave of bad weather over Italy in October-November 2018.

To this was added a very strong warm sirocco wind which, blowing between 100 and 200 km / h for several hours, caused the crash of millions of trees with the consequent destruction of tens of thousands of hectares of alpine forests.

PLOT

Trees and forests have evolved over millions of years to achieve maximum balance with the surrounding area. But something is changing, and too quickly for them to adapt. Starting from the disaster that struck the mountains of the North-East on 29 October 2018, a passionate story about climate change comes to life, which sees the oceans and forests united by the same destiny, dramatically overwhelmed by an environmental and biological crisis that we cannot foresee the consequences

How to look, listen and take care of the forest, in a book where a forestry and an oceanographer explain how the balance between man and the environment is a necessity to be safeguarded, as well as a wonder of nature capable of surprising and regenerating.

An engaging text and exclusive photographs accompany us through the complexity of ecosystems, the value of biodiversity, the urgency of environmental issues and the awareness of how the relationship between man and the forest has also changed culturally.

An essential book to be able to grasp the message that the woods are sending and to recover the charm that the life of trees can generate.

Maria Luisa Protasoni ITALY 

 

 

124

UNDERSTANDİNG AND ACTING ON THE COMPLEXITY OF  Ürün UNCU – Turkey

 

Climatechange is one of the mostim portant challenges of our time. Its impact sarefeltacross the globe, affecting people, nature and the economy. Tom itigate climatechange, weneed to reduce global emissions of green house gasessi gnifi cantly.

Translating this over allobjectivein to concrete measuresre quires under standing a complex system linking emissions from different sources to national and regionalim pacts, global gover nance and potentialco-benefits. The European Environment Agencystrives to continu ouslyimprovetheknowledgeneeded for designin geffec ti vemeasures on theground.

From a scientificpers pective, climatechange is essentially about theamount of greenhousegases, mainly carbondioxide, released to and taken out of theat mosp here. Since the Industrial Revolution, economic activities have been releasingin creasin gamounts of greenhous egases far great erthantheamountthat can be cap turedbythenatural carboncycle.

This leads to an in crease in the concentration of carbon in the atmosphere, which in turn create sthe greenhous eef fect, retaining a larger share of the solar energy received on Earth.

A closelook at thee conomicactivitiesthatreleasegreenhousegasestells a rathercomplexstory. Infact, we can pinpointkeyactivitiesresponsibleforthelargestbulk of emissions. Byburningfossilfuelsandchangingthewayweuseland (e.g. clearingforeststoraisecattle), wereleasethecarbonthatwascapturedandkeptout of thecarboncycleforhundredstomillions of years. 

Forthelasttwocenturies, fossilfuelslikecoal, oilandnaturalgas, providedtheenergyweneededforourhomesandeconomy industry, agriculture, transport andso on. Oursocietiesneedenergy but can thisneed be met byrenewablesourcesinstead of fossilfuels

Tofosteraction on climatechangemitigation, EU MemberStatesagreed on a number of climateandenergypolicies and set cleartargetsfor 2020 and 2030. OurassessmentsshowthattheEuropeanUnion is on tracktomeetits 2020 targets but moreeffort is needtoachievethemoreambitious 2030 targets. Countries, regionsandcitiesandotheractorsalsoshareinformation on how to adaptto a changingclimate.

                                       

Ourobjective, at theEuropean Environment Agency, is toproviderelevantandaccessibleknowledgetohelppolicymakersandthepublictoact on timely, relevantandrobustinformation. Thismeansthatourknowledgeneedstogrowwideranddeeper, andevolveconstantlytoaccountforthesystemicandcomplexnature of thechallengesweface

Inthecaseclimatechange, weareworkingtowards a futureknowledge platform tosupporttheEU’s 2030 energyandclimateobjectivesbybetterconnectingexistingknowledge, not only on climateandenergy but also on otherrelevantdomainslikeagriculture, transport andairquality.  

. Ultimately, successwilldepend as much on informedpolicydecisions as the global willtobring an endtoourdependence on fossilfuels. The Paris Agreementwas a milestone in reinforcingthe global commitmenttotackleclimatechange, bringinggovernments, businessesandcivilsocietytogether. Nowtheagreementremainsto be implementedbyallthecountriesthatsigned it.

Inthiscontext, theupcomingClimate Conference (COP24) in Katowice, Poland, shouldfurthertheimplementationeffortbyadopting a rulebook.

HansBruyninckx

EEA ExecutiveDirector

Theeditorialpublished in theSeptember 2018 issue of the EEA Newsletter 03/2018

Ürün Uncu – Turkey

 

125

My students participated in an essay contest about climate change and other environmental global issues of an international environment foundation Trust For Sustainable Living (TSL). The topic was”Partnership for a Sustainable Future”. Over 70 countries participated in this contest and my students received “Honourable Mention” awards. I am very proud of them. Here you can read their essays.

Zeliha KALE -Teacher – Turkey,2020

 

GO GREEN

I think that people take Mother Natures creations for granted. We all think that the little things in life aren’t important, but they really are.

For example: trees. They aren’t really little, but most people don’t think about how important they really are for our lives. People cut them down for different reasons without thinking about the damage their doing. We must know natures importance and try to stop polluting and damaging our world. Nature is constantly changing, even before the dawn of humanity. From the breakup of Pangaea to the extinction of dinosaurs, from the Sahara Pump to the Ice Age, Earth has completely changed from what it was millions of years ago.

The balance of Earth’s atmosphere has been greatly damaged by emissions of chemical compounds, thereby increasing the pace of climate change. Nature is not simply an unlimited store of resources to serve humans. It is a combination of all living creatures and plants, including soil, water and air that plants, animals and humans depend on to survive.

Humans quite frequently harm nature for there own benefit. You don’t have to be a genius or a millionaire to save our planet, everyone can do their bit in helping out. ‘Sustainable living’ means different things to different people. In my opinion sustainable living means living in a healthy world between earths limits and reducing our impacts on the Earth’s resources, which is living more simply and taking care of nature so that it can take care of us.

Oceans are one of the most important part of our planet and we must appreciate them, just like everything else. Oceans generate half the oxygen we breath and contain more than 96% of the World’s water. We can reduce water pollution by not pouring fat or oil down the sink or in the toilet pan, because they go into the ocean and is very harmful. We can also recycle. Recycling is very important and helps our World in many ways. By recycling your household items you could reduce the amount of rubbish sent to landfills and also reduce environmental impacts

by saving the amount of energy saved in collecting and dumping the trash.You should use more items made with recycled materials. For example: instead of using different plastic bags each time you go shopping you could buy an eco – friendly bag and use that all the time. Another important part of “Sustainable Living” is saving energy. There are many ways you could be saving energy at home by using the new intelligent programmable heating that can learn from the humans behaviour and can control the room temperature, so that no energy is wasted. Another question I ask myself is what are countries doing to be sustainable? Well I would like to elucidate it for you.

Some countries are doing their job perfunctory, when others and doing their job scintillating. Countries should be; using as many recycled products as possible, protecting water quality bye reducing fertilizer use and minimizing the amount of road salt, reducing heat build up and improving air quality. Unfortunately instead of doing these, some countries increase the amount of air pollution by creating more factories.Trees, shrubs and turf remove smoke, dust and other pollutants from the air. Buildings should also be sustainably designed.

Significant amounts of children in poor countries are suffering from all of these. In order to try to prevent all of this we could start planting vegetables in our school gardens and own backyards. That would minimize the amount of harmful chemicals farmers use on plants. Thus I think we can make it possible.

Trust For Sustainable Living Essay Competition-2020

*this article won an honorable mention award Ellis Jessica Kaya- Profesyonel İlgim Koleji/ Marmaris

126

My students participated in an essay contest about climate change and other environmental global issues of an international environment foundation Trust For Sustainable Living (TSL). The topic was”Partnership for a Sustainable Future”. Over 70 countries participated in this contest and my students received “Honourable Mention” awards. I am very proud of them. Here you can read their essays.

Zeliha KALE -Teacher – Turkey,2020

 

A Good Future for Bad Past

Most countries in the world are in economic crisis. Most are exposed to climate change. They are all trying to be much better for their people. But there is something more important than these problems.

We should be together to overcome these problems. All countries should try to help each other. Only this way we can end the problems.There are many problems in the world that we must solve. For example, some countries have very poor education. But why developed countries don’t help these countries for the way of education. Other examples are the problems of Global Warming and Climate Change. Like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Kiribati, Madagascar, Maldives, Nepal, Philippines,Tanzania, East Timor, and Vietnam cannot protect themselves against global warming and climate change.There are other problems like water scarcity or air pollution in these countries to cope with.

There are other problems like water scarcity or air pollution in these countries to cope with. We can stop these problems. If all countries in the world work together against these global problems, we can offer a better future to the next generations. How? It is very easy. Developed countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and the Netherlands can offer both financial assistance and educational help to underdeveloped countries such as Afghanistan and Nepal. For example, a certain number of students from underdeveloped countries can go to developed countries each year and receive education. In this way, if the student studying there starts to work there, it both provides tax to the state and contributes to himself/herself.

In the Middle East, which is the most important oil resource of the world, there are wars just because of money and this affects all the countries in the world.

The correct usage of resources without wasting also provides us a more sustainable future. Other countries, except the United States and all the Eastern Countries, are slowly consuming all their oil and usable fuel. And that’s why they start Foreign Trade. However, if people become conscious and learn to use their oil more properly, it will help the countries that have to buy it.

Agriculture in most countries is quite scarce,hormones are added to fruits or vegetables. There are few places where agriculture can be done because climate crisis increases.

Because of the climate crisis and global warming, Arctic ice is melting, causing parts of Italy and especially Venice to flood. The water in Venice increases by 1.48 centimetres every year. And if this is not averted, Venice will be submerged by year of 2049.

In India, China and countries like these, air pollution has skyrocketed. It is hard to find fresh air , visibility is low. You can prevent this. The density of exhaust fumes can be reduced and the use of perfume and deodorant can be reset.

The world’s problems do not end there, the waste that ships release into the sea while swimming causes dozens of fish to be poisoned and even killed.

And when people eat these fish, they actually get poisoned. There are dozens of undiscovered species of fish in the waters, and we destroy them before we can even see them. And we have to stop it. 

And all the countries in the world can unite and do many things about it. Campaigns can be organized. They can unite and stimulate people and, most importantly, create awareness.

As a result, there are dozens of reasons and things for countries to unite and provide a more sustainable future for young people and everyone. A better future means a better generation and a better world.

 

Trust For Sustainable Living

Essay Competiton-2020

*this article won an honorable mention award

Tuna Nazlı Durmaz- Profesyonel İlgim Koleji/ Marmaris

127

My students participated in an essay contest about climate change and other environmental global issues of an international environment foundation Trust For Sustainable Living (TSL). The topic was”Partnership for a Sustainable Future”. Over 70 countries participated in this contest and my students received “Honourable Mention” awards. I am very proud of them. Here you can read their essays.

Zeliha KALE -Teacher – Turkey,2020

 

My name is Meryem Ece and I’m eleven years old. I live in a small town in Turkey. Recently, I have seen some articles and I have watched some documentaries about climate change. We are experiencing the worst climate ever experienced in the world.

Scientists can not predict what kind of climate it will be later. If we continue to do what we are doing, all living things will be affected but the humans will be the most miserable ones. I think that if we want to do something,we must do our best.

I know, it is too late to change everything but we can try to change as much as we can. I think that a little change can make big differences. I am in a group of students who have been trying to change something in our school and at our homes. Maybe we won’t make a magic to sweep climate change but everybody (our teachers,friends,parents)tries to help us and improves our plans, I am sure that we will help nature.

My first plan is to sell something in our school fair and with the money we earn, we will buy saplings. And we will plant them.

Secondly, we spoke to our principal to put recycle bins into our classes.We brought cardboard boxes in to our classrooms so that nobody could find an excuse not to throw them. These are all for now, but I am sure that we will do much more things like these. But,as I said before we can not change the most crucial things without large countries like China and the USA.

The earth has mostly damaged by these countries. On 1 April 2016, the United States and China, which to get her represent almost 40% of global emissions, issued a joint statement confirming that both countries would sign the Paris ClimateAgreement. On June1, 2017, United StatesPresident Donald Trump announced that the U.S. would cease the participation Paris Agreement on climate change mitigation. Nobody has the right to damage our world to earn money.

You can earn money from different ways but when you damage the earth, maybe you won’t and can’t reform the nature as it was before.

Don’t be desperate. If we all want to do something, we can do. All we need is support and an international plan. I hope, we will have a healthy and a clean nature.

 

Trust For Sustainable Living

Essay Competiton-2020

*this article won an honorable mention award

Meryem Ece Horoz- Profesyonel İlgim Koleji/ Marmaris

128

What is Climate Change?

Donika Lici – Kongresi I Manastirit

 

Climate change refers to significant, long-term changes in the global climate.

The global climate is the connected system of sun, earth and oceans, wind, rain and snow, forests, deserts and savannas, and everything people do, too. The climate of a place, say New York, can be described as its rainfall, changing temperatures during the year and so on.

But the global climate is more than the “average” of the climates of specific places.

A description of the global climate includes how, for example, the rising temperature of the Pacific feeds typhoons which blow harder, drop more rain and cause more damage, but also shifts global ocean currents that melt Antarctica ice which slowly makes sea level rise until New York will be under water.

It is this systemic connectedness that makes global climate change so important and so complicated.

Global warming is the slow increase in the average temperature of the earth’s atmosphere because an increased amount of the energy (heat) striking the earth from the sun is being trapped in the atmosphere and not radiated out into space.

The earth’s atmosphere has always acted like a greenhouse to capture the sun’s heat, ensuring that the earth has enjoyed temperatures that permitted the emergence of life forms as we know them, including humans.

Without our atmospheric greenhouse the earth would be very cold.

Global warming, however, is the equivalent of a greenhouse with high efficiency reflective glass installed the wrong way around.

Ionically, the best evidence of this may come from a terrible cooling event that took place some 1,500 years ago. Two massive volcanic eruptions, one year after another placed so much black dust into the upper atmosphere that little sunlight could penetrate. Temperatures plummeted. Crops failed. People died of starvation and the Black Death started its march. As the dust slowly fell to earth, the sun was again able to warn the world and life returned to normal.

Today, we have the opposite problem. Today, the problem is not that too little sun warmth is reaching the earth, but that too much is being trapped in our atmosphere.

So much heat is being kept inside greenhouse earth that the temperature of the earth is going up faster than at any previous time in history. NASA provides an excellent course module on the science of global warming.

 

How afect the global warming in some species?

Polar bears (Ursus maritimus) are the poster child for the impacts of climate change on species, and justifiably so. To date, global warming has been most pronounced in the Arctic, and this trend is projected to continue. There are suggestions that before mid-century we could have a nearly ice-free Arctic in the summer. This increases the urgency with which we must act to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions to delay or avoid some of the worst consequences of climate change.

Polar bears have relatively high genetic diversity within the species and can disperse over very long distances, suggesting that they may have some capacity to adapt to the ongoing changes in the Arctic. However, their dependence on sea ice makes them highly vulnerable to a changing climate. Polar bears rely heavily on the sea ice environment for traveling, hunting, mating, resting, and in some areas, maternal dens. In particular, they depend heavily on sea ice-dependent prey, such as ringed and bearded seals. Additionally, their long generation time and low reproductive rate may limit their ability to adapt to changes in the environment.

Polar bears have relatively high genetic diversity within the species and can disperse over very long distances, suggesting that they may have some capacity to adapt to the ongoing changes in the Arctic.

However, their dependence on sea ice makes them highly vulnerable to a changing climate.

Polar bears rely heavily on the sea ice environment for traveling, hunting, mating, resting, and in some areas, maternal dens. In particular, they depend heavily on sea ice-dependent prey, such as ringed and bearded seals. Additionally, their long generation time and low reproductive rate may limit their ability to adapt to changes in the environment.

Can polar bear live in warm climate?

No, definitely not! Polar bears have quite many adaptations to survive in extreme cold weather. They cannot survive in warm weather—not even for one day. Polar bears will probably die in minutes if they are bred in warm habitats.

Why is the polar bear important? As an apex predator at the top of the food web, polar bears can signal that there are problems in the Arctic marine ecosystem. They are likely to be among the most significantly affected species as the Arctic warms and sea ice melts.

Polar bears overheat—a lot polar bear’s body temperature runs around 98.6º Fahrenheit, typical for most mammals, but their adaptation to cold weather means they have an unfortunate propensity to overheat.

Seven different species of sea (or marine) turtles grace our ocean waters, from the shallow seagrass beds of the Indian Ocean, to the colorful reefs of the Coral Triangle and the sandy beaches of the Eastern Pacific. While these highly migratory species periodically come ashore to either bask or nest, sea turtles spend the bulk of their lives in the ocean. WWF’s work on sea turtles focuses on five of those species: green, hawksbill, loggerhead, leatherback, and olive ridley.

Over the last 200 years, human activities have tipped the scales against the survival of these ancient mariners. Slaughtered for their eggs, meat, skin, and shells, sea turtles suffer from poaching and over-exploitation.

They also face habitat destruction and accidental capture—known as bycatch—in fishing gear. Climate change has an impact on turtle nesting sites; it alters sand temperatures, which then affects the sex of hatchlings. Nearly all species of sea turtle are now classified as endangered, with three of the seven existing species being critically endangered.

WWF is committed to stopping the decline of sea turtles and works for the recovery of the species. We work to secure environments in which both turtles and the people that depend upon them can survive.

Weather extremes, also linked to climate change, mean more frequent and severe storms which alter nesting beaches, cause beach erosion, and inundate, or flood sea turtle nests. Hotter sand from increasing temperatures results in decreased hatching rates or complete nest failure.

Human use of nesting beaches can result in negative impacts to nesting turtles, incubating egg clutches and hatchlings. The most serious threat caused by increased human presence on the beach is the disturbance to nesting females. … Beach Driving, either at night or during the daytime, can negatively impact sea turtles.

The panda, with its distinctive black and white coat, is adored by the world and considered a national treasure in China. This bear also has a special significance for WWF because it has been our logo since our founding in 1961.

Pandas live mainly in temperate forests high in the mountains of southwest China, where they subsist almost entirely on bamboo. They must eat around 26 to 84 pounds of it every day, depending on what part of the bamboo they are eating. They use their enlarged wrist bones that function as opposable thumbs.

A newborn panda is about the size of a stick of butter—about 1/900th the size of its mother—but females can grow up to about 200 pounds, while males can grow up to about 300 pounds as adults. These bears are excellent tree climbers despite their bulk.

How does climate change affect the giant panda?

Giant pandas have been allowed to persist only at elevations higher than land that can be used for productive agriculture. However, as the agricultural value of land in current panda habitat increases under a changing climate, activities like growing crops and grazing livestock may further encroach on their habitat.

 

Habitat loss and fragmentation remain the gravest threats to the survival of the species. A large proportion of the panda’s habitat has already been lost: logged for timber and fuel wood, or cleared for agriculture and infrastructure to meet the needs of the area’s booming population

Donika Lici – Kongresi I Manastirit

 

129

 Water And Its Secrets: Water Has A Memory

 Eleonora Burnete , Secondary School Saint Andrew Mangalia, Romania

 

Project eTwinning ,, WATER,,

The true nature of water, which is the source of life – is unknown. We still know very little about the fascinating properties of water and its secrets. However, we certainly agree with Leonardo Da Vinci who said that ‘water is the driving force of all nature‘.

Water hides a lot of power that we are able to release and shape with the help of the energy of our strong emotions, both positive and negative.

Thoughts and words have unique magnetic codes, which can interact with water; according to Dr. Emoto.

Masaru Emoto, a doctor of alternative medicine and first of all, a scientist with an open mind, has carried out worldwide water research and how it affects us, humans and our environment.

Emoto, who wrote several volumes of a work titled “Messages from Water”, is famous for his claims that human consciousness has an effect on the molecular structure of water.

Thoughts and words have unique magnetic codes, which can interact with water; according to Dr. Emoto.

Thoughts and words have unique magnetic codes, which can interact with water; according to Dr. Emoto.

His experiments with water showed that the water reacts for our words and depending on what we say and what emotions accompany our words, it creates either beautiful and harmonious shapes or ugly and irregular ones. We learn from Dr. Emoto that water has a memory – a memory far longer than our transient lifetimes.

The behavior of this memory can be compared to our modern CD storing digital data or magnetic tape.

Today, many scholars admit that water is an amazing substance capable of the efficient gathering of information from all things as soon as it comes in contact with them!

The behavior of water memory can be compared to our modern CD storing digital data or magnetic tape.

The theoretical physicist Emilio del Giudice at the University of Milano, Italy, could explain together with cooperators that water has the ability to store information over long periods of time.

Also, Vitold M. Bakhir, a Russian inventor and a mining engineer conducted many water memory experiments confirming the earlier results.

Jacques Benveniste (1935 – 2004), a French immunologist discovered that water holds a “memory”, and is able to digitally record and then digitally re-write other water, even when the substance has been removed from it.

Benveniste’s experiments were followed by many other scientists worldwide.

One of the Russian scientists, Alexander Stiepanow put a dish with distilled water on the forehead of a lying man. It was made to save microenergetic information extracted from the man. Then, Stiepanov began to study a graphic record (chart) of water used in his experiment with a special device.

Jacques Benveniste (1935 – 2004), a French immunologist discovered that water holds a “memory”, and is able to digitally record and then digitally re-write other water, even when the substance has been removed from it.

He compared it with another chart obtained in the case of ordinary water, not exposed to the biomagnetic field of the human being. These two charts were UNLIKE!

Now it was time for another experiment. Alexander Stiepanov put a glass of distilled water on exactly the same place but on photography of the man’s forehead.

Then, the scientist compared the graphic record obtained in the second experiment with the first one. Two graphic records were IDENTICAL!

The graph for water exposed to contact with the man’s forehead gave the same reading as the graph exposed only to the man’s forehead on photography.

The scientist repeated the experiment several times. The result was always the same.

The essence of the memory of water can be compared to the alphabetic puzzle – the same letters can be arranged into different words with different meanings, which have different information. Such letters are in the case of water – its molecules.

It’s like a “code” containing a whole range of relevant information and suitable properties but depending on many different factors. Similarly, as in the case of the genetic code of living organisms. 

WATER is one of the carriers of such information. This information can be transmitted further via the internet, phone lines. It’s hard to imagine what more can be made with this kind of information. The possible applications are innumerable.

Research into water is just beginning! New research from the Aerospace Institute of the University of Stuttgart in Germany supports Dr. Jacques Benveniste’s 1988 assertion that water has an imprint of energies to which it has been exposed.

Bibliografy

1.https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3817-icy-claim-that-water-has-memory/

2.https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/09/unesco-host-meeting-controversial-memory-water-research

3.https://edu.glogster.com/glog/10-properties-of-ater/28ieufip4rq?=glogpedia-source

4.https://www.quora.com/topic/Chemical-Names

5.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILSyt_Hhbjg

 

130

EVALUATION OF THE IMPACTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE ON WATER RESOURCES IN TERMS OF SELECTED EUROPEAN UNION COUNTRIES

Dr. Pelin Gençoğlu

pgencoglu@erciyes.edu.tr

(Hasan KARABACAK – Turkey )

 

Climate change refers to the change that occurred as a result of many years from the average climate situation in a regional or global scale.

This change occurs in atmospheric events. The main reason for this is; Increasing the greenhouse effect of human activities causes global warming.

Climate change; cooperation with global warming. The cause of global warming is; is the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect is the increase of the temperature value of the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere on the earth.

Climate change that occurs due to global warming causes social and economic problems, especially the environment. One of the areas where this effect is seen is water resources. The availability and continuity of water resources has a very important place in keeping living things alive. For this reason, studies for the protection of water resources are very important.

The water in the world is in constant motion. There is a water cycle. That; Available in solid, liquid, gaseous form. Climate change affects the water cycle negatively. Drought, famine, floods, decreased snowfall are the negative effects of climate change on the water cycle. As global warming increases, water demand will increase. This will cause water scarcity.

climate change has caused the reduction of water resources.

Glaciers continue to melt.

Water temperature increases due to climate change.

There are global water demands.

The amount of flood to global warming is constantly increasing.

The most important cause of climate change is fossil fuels in particular. Water and therefore water resources are vital in order to survive. The impact of climate change on water resources manifests itself through precipitation.

Elements that determine the water resources of a country; surface runoff, underground runoff, precipitation and evaporation.

In the research conducted in 30 European member countries and candidate countries, the problems of countries with the same climate are the same. This indicates that countries with the same climate are similar in terms of water resources.

Depending on global warming; climate change;

causes many negative effects on the environment. These disadvantages:

The main problems arise from the thinning of the ozone layer, urban and regional air pollution, desertification, deterioration of soil quality, decreased food production, decreased biological diversity, decreased forests, epidemic viruses, decreased water resources.

Hasan KARABACAK

Turkey

 

131

CORONAVIRUS

Gloria Borda Romero – Spain

 

CLEAN YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY

  • IF THERE IS NO SOAP OR WATER, WASH YOUR HANDS WITH DISINFECTANT OR ALCOHOL
  •  WASH YOUR HANDS VERY OFTEN AND FOR 20 SECONDS
  • DO NOT TOUCH OR HANDS, NOSE, OR MOUTH WITHOUT BEFORE WASHING YOUR HANDS
  • AVOID CLOSE CONTACT
    • AVOID CLOSE CONTACT WITH PEOPLE (1-2 METERS)

     

    IF YOU ARE SICK STAY AT HOME

    IF YOU ARE SICK STAY AT HOME,

    EXCEPT FOR HEALTH CARE

  • COVER YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU COUGH AND SNEEZE
    • WHEN YOU COUGH OR SNEEZE, COVER YOUR MOUTH WITH A HANDKERCHIEF
    • DISPOSE OF USED TISSUES IMMEDIATELY IN THE BIN.

    THEN WASH YOUR HANDS

    WEAR A MASK IF YOU ARE ILL

    • IF YOU AREN’T SICK, YOU DON’T NEED IT

    CLEAN AND DISINFECT

    • CLEAN AND DISINFECT SURFACES THAT ARE TOUCHED FREQUENTLY EVERY DAY

    DEAR PATIENT: (Gloria Borda Romero – Spain )

    Delightedtogreetyou. I don’tknowwhoyou are orwhatyournameis. However, I havetriedtoputyourself in your place when I am writingthisletter. I knowthatyou are in a difficultsituation, thatthedays are difficult. I guessyou’re in the hospital bednow. I empathizewithyoubecause, regardless of whoyou are, I am clearthatyou are holding on, thatyou are gutting and thatyou are fighting.

    I sendyouallthestrength.

  • Mynameis Arturo, I am 14 yearsold and I am studying at the Carolina Coronado in Almendralejo, the 3ESO course. Also, untilrecently, I was at schoolgivingclassesnormally, butduetothissituation of theAlarmedState, I am at home.

  • As youknow, I am quarantining. Peoplelikeyou are theoneswhogiveusthestrengthto do itrigorously. Wewill do itonthedaysthatittakes. Youshouldknowthatthere are manyawarepeople. This time, wehaveagreedtohelp. I eventhinkthatsome of us are more excitedthanbefore, seeing so manyunited so thatweallgetahead.

  • Itisnotjust me whoiswritingthislettertoyou. Nor are theyjusttheoneswholoveyou. Evenifyoudon’tseeus, there are many of uswhosupportyou. In theselines I sendyouthestrength of anentiresociety. Rememberthisforthenextfewdays.

    Whenyouleavethe hospital and when I leavemyhouse, wewillseethatthis has servedtoboostsolidarity, forexample.

  • Toverifythat individual acts, withlittleeffort, can benefitothers. We can harborthat hope and giveitcontinuity.

    I stay at home thedaysittakes.

    Ifyou are in the hospital, I am at home.

    Ifyoufight, weall endure.

    Ifyou can, how can I not?

    Courage and a lot of strength

     

  • Gloria Borda Romero – Spain
132

Global warming of 1.5°C

Francesca Martini – Italy

 

Global Warming of 1.5°C An IPCC Special Report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty

Please use the following reference to the whole report: IPCC, 2018: Global Warming of 1.5°C.An IPCC Special Report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty [Masson-Delmotte, V., P. Zhai, H.-O. Pörtner, D. Roberts, J. Skea, P.R. Shukla, A. Pirani, W. Moufouma-Okia, C. Péan, R. Pidcock, S. Connors, J.B.R. Matthews, Y. Chen, X. Zhou, M.I. Gomis, E. Lonnoy, T. Maycock, M. Tignor, and T. Waterfield (eds.)]. In Press. ii © 2019 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Projected Climate Change, Potential Impacts and Associated Risks

Evidence from attributed changes in some climate and weather extremes for a global warming of about 0.5°C supports the assessment that an additional 0.5°C of warming compared to present is associated with further detectable changes in these extremes (medium confidence).

Several regional changes in climate are assessed to occur with global warming up to 1.5°C compared to pre-industrial levels, including warming of extreme temperatures in many regions (high confidence), increases in frequency, intensity, and/or amount of heavy precipitation in several regions (high confidence), and an increase in intensity or frequency of droughts in some regions

Human influence on climate has been the dominant cause of observed warming since the mid-20th century, while global average surface temperature warmed by 0.85°C between 1880 and 2012, as reported in the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report, or AR5 (IPCC, 2013b).

Many regions of the world have already greater regional-scale warming, with 20–40% of the global population (depending on the temperature dataset used) having experienced over 1.5°C of warming in at least one season (Figure 1.1; Chapter 3 Section 3.3.2.1).

1.5ºC rather than 2ºC or higher. Every bit of warming matters. And it shows that limiting warming to 1.5ºC can go hand in hand with achieving other global goals such as the Sustainable Development Agenda. Every year matters and every choice matters.

This Special Report also shows that recent trends in emissions and the level of international ambition indicated by nationally determined contributions, within the Paris Agreement, deviate from a track consistent with limiting warming to well below 2°C. Without increased and urgent mitigation ambition in the coming years, leading to a sharp decline in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030,

global warming will surpass 1.5°C in the following decades, leading to irreversible loss of the most fragile ecosystems, and crisis after crisis for the most vulnerable people and societies.

 

Summary by

Francesca Martini – Italy

 

133

EVALUATION

 

Students and teachers evaluated at different times.
forums were actively used.
Twinspacade chat was held. online evaluation was done. Surveys were conducted.

The WATER project was evaluated by students,

teachers and external experts and observers.

134

Students and teachers chatted in the chat room.

 

136

137

138

139

140

142

Common Product

 

We have determined which joint product we will make with the surveys.
We decided to make a common picture.
We decided to write creative articles in a notebook on water and climate change. Due to the coronavirus, pictures and notebooks remained in Spain.The pictures and notebooks made by our students will continue the journey after coranavirus.

A poem written by Donika as a common product was read by the students of the partner country. The poem read was combined. Integrity was achieved.

143

Common Product
Students read the poem “I am Nature”.

https://youtu.be/QAlk7SCq0KM

144

A Common Picture, The Water and Climate Book,

Where Creative Ideas Are Written, Wandered To Members. It was a little too late due to the Covid 19 virus.

All partners made a picture, wrote their creative ideas in the Water and Climate notebook.

146

147

148

149

150

151

153

154

155

156

157

158

159

160

161

162

163

164

165

166

167

168

169

170

171

172

173

174

175

176

177

178

179

180

181

183

 

184

185

The circulating common picture was somewhat lacking due to the water and climate notebook covid 19. The mail order from Turkey, Romania, Albania, Italy and Spain or reached. Teams added. Geleçik from Spain should be to reach Turkey.

186

 Virtual Meetings

Many online calls were made. Student interview was held. Teacher interview was held. Twinspace was also chatted. Contests were held at the same time.

188

191

192

193

194

195

196

197

198

199

200

201

        WATER BLOG

 

https://waterandclimate1.blogspot.com/

202

         WATER Website

 

https://waterandglobalwarm.wixsite.com/sitem-1

 

203

204

205

206

208

FINAL EVALUATION

 

Our students and teachers made final evaluations.

Evaluations were made in the forums.

 

https://app.evalandgo.com/s/?id=JTk3cSU5M2glOUYlQUM=&a=JTk2cSU5MW0lOTklQjI=

209

Home, Pages, Materıals, Forum,  Online Meetings 

They actively used among the members of our project. They actively used the forums.
They actively used the online meeting and chat room.
They actively used among the materials.

Our students used the forums very actively.

In our project, students and teachers used web 2.00 tools.

 

 

210

 

                           THANKS 

212
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content