Mel’s Ten Tips & How to… Catalogue by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Mel’s Ten Tips & How to… Catalogue

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

A few years back, I began writing my ten tip books. Some funny, others less so. They have grown and burgeoned. Time to make another catalogue! If you want me to make another one, just e-mail [email protected].

2

Writing and Publishing 

Writing your First Children’s Book – Mel’s Tips

It is not that difficult to write a good story for young children (writing a great one which is difficult, though). I will try to give a few of the basic elements here.

 

Mel’s Ten Tips on Writing a Children’s Book

Most of us have our own favorite children’s books. look back to your own childhood. What are your favorite stories from way back then? Why? Here are 10 tips on how to write a Children’s Book

3

4

Mel’s Ten Tips on Telling a Good Story

Everything is a story. Songs, poems, movies, books, lectures, artwork, presentations and lectures, even scientific theses and papers are all based on stories. If you can tell good stories, chances are you’ll succeed in life. If you can’t, then this might be worth a careful read.

 

Mel’s Ten Tips on Telling Someone’s Life Story

How do you interview an elderly person about his or her life? Here are my best tips. If you want to suggest others, or comment, please e-mail me at [email protected]. I’ll be delighted to hear from you, trust me.

5

6

Mel’s Ten Tips for Self-Publishing: Get Published Now!

As a self-published writer, I have made every mistake in the book.The 10 tips here apply to practically all of us, and are based on decades of experience (mine). At Ourboox.com we enable writers and illustrators avoid the pitfalls that we have made ourselves and get published effortlessly.

How to Make Your Own Book Cover in Five Minutes and Save One Thousand Dollars!

In his book, APE, Guy Kawasaki stresses that it’s poor business to hire a cover designer for one thousand dollars, when over 99% of self-published books never break even. Here I show you how to make a decent cover for free, in five minutes. I do it all the time, using canva.com. Thank you again, Guy

7

8

Mel’s Ten Tips for Creating and Sharing Books on Ourboox

Here are ten tips (well, eleven, actually) on how to take advantage of our platform and community for creating amazing picture e-books which you can share freely with the world. Ourboox helps make books come true. So join our growing platform of writers and illustrators!

9

10

Self Improvement

Mel’s Ten Tips of Advice for Young Entrepreneurs

Last week I was lucky to address the amazing young entrepreneurs of the Zell Program at the IDC in Herzliya. This book summarizes a few of my mantras.

Mel’s Ten Tips – Entrepreneurship, Israel Style

How to create a start up culture, Israeli Style! Here I share some of my ideas about the aspects of Israeli culture that engender a spirit of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit. You don’t agree with me? You must be an Israeli!

11

Mel’s Ten Tips on How to Succeed as a Research Student

A little book of advice – 10 tips – for graduate students everywhere, primarily in the sciences. I’d like to dedicate it in honor of my mentor, Eugene Rosenberg, who taught a very difficult student how to be a reasonable scientist.

 

Mel’s Ten Tips on Creative Thinking (with Dr. Alon Amit and Hagai Cohen)

Dr. Alon Amit, Hagai Cohen and I have been teaching workshops on Creative Thinking for years. And this is all we have to show for it! Seriously, the 10 tips here summarize our thoughts about creative thinking and how it can become part of your entrepreneurial lives. Start now!!

 

12

13

Mel’s 10 Tips: Ten Things I Believe

This little e-book summarizes some of the things that I believe in. You are welcome to take it, leave it, like it, deride it, share the url, ignore the url, create your own book of belieffs. It was fun in the making, that’s all.

 

Mel’s 10 Tips on How to Attend Fewer Business Meetings – or None at All

don’t you agree that most business meetings are a huge waste of time? Here are my very best tips for avoiding them.

 

 

 

 

14

15

Mel’s Ten Tips on that first meeting or interview

Too often the first meeting turns out to be the last one. Here are my best tips for making the most of them. You can take them or leave them, they are free and based on decades of experience, both positive and negative.

Mel’s Ten Tips on Oral Presentations

Here are my best 10 tips (eleven, actually) on giving really great oral presentations. If you agree, fine. If you don’t, that’s fine too. Please comment on ‘disqus’ and we’ll have a fine discourse. This book was inspired by Roi Shternin. But that’s another story. Thanks, kid.

16

17

Mel’s Ten Tips on Ruining a Good Relationship

So you want to ruin a relationship, or maybe shun society as a whole. Beyond the direct insult and being just generally obnoxious, here are ten sure-fire ways to lose friends and acquaintances.

 

Mel’s Ten Tips on Networking

Networking is a delicate art. I guess the most important points are listening more than you talk, and remembering people’s names. The rest are here, enjoy and share.

18

19

Music

Ten Tips on Buying a Piano – Ourboox

I’ve been meaning to write this for years. After all, I love pianos. I’ve played since the age of eight. And I did learn a lot working in a music store. This book is meant to give you some perspective with the hope that you’ll make a more intelligent choice. Good luck.

Melanie Spanswick

Teacher, Writer, Pianist and Composer. Born in the UK, Melanie Spanswick’s reputation as a pianist, teacher, and writer has proffered a diverse and accomplished professional career.

 

How to Choose a New Guitar

Warning- not a serious book at all. Good for a laugh, though

20

21

Dental Care

Mel’s Ten Tips for Avoiding Bad Breath

Bad breath is a major problem for about 25% of the population. The problem is that people with bad breath often don’t know. I suggest you tell members of your family that suffer from this problem, and share the very simple 10 tips in this book. It might save your breath, and your relationship!

 

How to Use Mouthwash Effectively

This short book with a video at the end explains how to use mouthrinses most effectively. Different mouthwashes differ in their active agents and composition, but whichever you use, pay attention to the tips here for best results.

22

23

Other

Mel’s Ten Tips on Building a Prototype

 

Mel’s Ten Tips For Hiding The Afikoman

One of the fun moments of the Passover seder (banquet) is when the head of the family gets to hide a special matzo (unleavened bread), and the young children have to find it, and are justly rewarded. Here is a first-of-its-kind manual on where you can hide it in your own home.

24

25

Don’t worry – picking your nose is not one of them!

Mel’s Ten Tips on how to Survive the Sports Craze

If your guy is addicted to watching sports, and is glued to the tv set, then my advice to you is: Don’t try to unglue him. Here are my best ten tips for things to do while your partner isn’t paying the least bit attention. Enjoy!

26

27

Thank you for reading my book!

 If you like it, you might also want to read:

How to Create Books on Ourboox – Resource Catalogue

Soon you will find on Ourboox also these Catalogues:
Manuals, 10 tips, Creativity, Education, Music, Humor and Personal Stories.

Read more about me and see ALL my books on Ourboox (I have many)

Or even better, create a book of your own!!!

Here is a tutorial to help you get started on your own voyage as an Ourboox contributor!  And finally, you can always write me at [email protected]

29
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content